Bonus - •The Original Draft•

This is how the story was planned originally ...

Dedicated to,

All the 100 (active and non active) readers who still have this book in their library and to my one year journey at wattpad❤

NOTE- MEDICAL CONDITIONS STATED HERE ARE PART FICTION & PART FACTS

Growth is not a fancy word in the english dictionary but, in my opinion, it is the most integral part of our lives. As we live each day we gain experience and that makes us live tomorrow in a better way. We grow at our own respective pace. There are babies, kids, teenagers, young adults, adults, middle age people and the oldies. This is a regular pattern but very few among us are forced to grow up at tender ages, when they are not ready for it. Circumstances, brutal circumstances, force them to leave their innocence at a young age and survive the odds of life.

Jo Tu Mera Humdard Hai, introduces the readers to a similar girl, Sonakshi Bose. She has eyes full of big dreams, shoulders carrying heavy responsibilities, steady feet and a heart wrenched with pain of living in a broken family. She has to deal with demons that are so close to her that they can't be simply ignored. Running away from her past she, along with her mother moves to Delhi where fate had something, someone in store for her.

In a not so impressive first encounter, she met him, The Dev Dixit and the angry sparks with baseless nick names and taunts were flying everywhere. When fate (read teacher) pushes Dev and Sonakshi into an uncomfortable group project with three other goofballs they end up doing the obvious - get themselves into a weird adventure and land up in trouble but that adventure actually ends up giving Sonakshi what she had always asked for. A protector. Dev ends up saving her at the cost of his reputation.

That is what Sonakshi was looking for- someone who could atleast share her load, if not reduce it. Her humdard.

Time and again Dev reminds her how special she is to him.

Amaro porano jaha chai
Tumi tai

He goes to the extent of learning her 'alien wali language'.

The pages of the story turn as Dev and Sonakshi realise that they love each other.

Dev being the exceptional student he was, gets the position of the head boy in his school and his work load increases manifold. He begans to feel restless and tired most of the time. His health begans to deterioate each passing day and he lands up in the hospital.

His world comes crashing down when he is told that he has a hole in his heart. His parents thought that it had closed when he was an infant. Alas! It hadn't.

Sonakshi's savior was himself not sure of how long he would live. His disease was rare, but curable. Dev being a 17 year old thought just one thing - Sonakshi would break after this news.

When Sona professes her love for him he rejects it hoping that she would hate him and move on. Drenched in tears they bid their final good bye. Sonakshi kept wondering why did he push her away and he kept reminding himself of the hole in his heart. How could he give her a place in his heart when his heart, itself was damaged? How could he heal her, be her humdard when he was damaged from within, when he was himself in dard

Time passed, 11 years went by, without a call or look of each other. Sonakshi became a doctor herself and Dev had healed after his surgery but his case being a rare and severe one, always had him going for regular check ups.

Fate brought them face to face again but this she was someone else's would-be fiancé and that someone else was none other than Dev's best friend cum doctor Ritvik (I still don't know the spelling😁) . Dev was broken once again but Sonakshi wanted answers. He saw her drifting into someone else's arms and tried to hold up his smile.