My Protective Alpha Mate

HI! My name is Charlotte! I'm not sure if you read my other book, My Mate is an Alpha and a Teacher but thank you so much for reading this book! I hope you enjoy it!!!! :)

Picture of Summer on the side ---->

XOXO

Charlotte

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter One

Summer's POV

Never, not once, in my life have I ever fallen completely in love. I know right? Crazy. I'm nineteen years old, getting ready for college and I still haven't fallen in love. I've had boyfriends...ooohh I've had quite a bit. But I never loved them. I'm still a virgin because it's called making love, right? My friends are all settled down with their gorgeous boyfriends, happy as can be. And really, I'm fine with being on my own right now.

I don't need a man to tell me how to run my life, to make me feel good inside. I can do that all on my own, right? By pursuing my dream to be a photographer and travel the world. Anywhere but Wyoming. I have to get out of here. With Rain. I've made up my mind as to how I want to live it. No one is going to tell me otherwise.

Well. I guess I believed that before I met him. Aiden. He is so perfect and sexy! I mean, he was just standing there, strumming his guitar and I was sucked into a whirl pool when he glanced at me. And I knew I would've given anything to just hear his voice.

But hold on! Let me explain exactly how this all happened! It started with my little sister running into my room...

"Summer! Summer!" She jumped on my bed, poking my neck, sides and back. I squealed, spazzed out and collaped on the floor.

"Rain!" I screamed at her. She giggled and trotted over to my side.

"Summer, come on! It's time to go back to our church! You know, the one where we used to go and we stop for blah, blah, blah." I tuned her out as I slapped my hands to my ears. Rain was fifteen years old. Why was she so eager to go to church? Only God knows.

She slapped my arm. "Listen to me! We need to go! It's Easter!" She wailed, crossing her arms. I sighed. Why didn't I move out when I had the chance?

"Okay, okay. I'm up. I'll be down in twenty minutes." I got to my feet and Rain squealed.

"Okay! See you in an hour!" She bolted out of the room, leaving me to burst out laughing at my little sister. She knew me better than anyone. There was no way I could be ready in twenty minutes. An hour is pushing it. She knew my language though.

I headed to my bathroom where I took the quickest shower known to...well me.

It's the first time I've been to church since I was in seventh grade. Well, other than Easter and Christmas. I always go to those services.

When I was out of the shower, I pulled on white skin tight jean capri's and a simple blouse that made my blue eyes stand out. I curled my blonde hair and applied light make up. I wasn't much of a make up person. If a guy is to like you, it shouldn't be because you're wearing a mask.

I nodded in approvement and pranced downstairs, seeing my sister waiting for me patiently. "Finally! Now let's go before he wakes up!" Rain grabbed my hand and yanked me out of the house. I giggled and we ran to my black Jeep Wrangler.

The 'he' my sister was referring to was the amazing man I call father. Well, he was our father until my mom was killed in a fire accident at her work. Now he's just a shell of a man who goes to the bar everynight to relieve his pain. Then he comes home and beats me and my sister. Though I get the worst of it to protect Rain. She was only fifteen for crying out loud! She doesn't deserve this from her supposed father!