Chapter Twelve

WARNING: This chapter will contain sexual content that my best friend wrote!!!

Chapter Twelve

Summer's POV

I woke up feeling cold and abandoned. Stretching, I reached for Aiden so I could pull him closer to me. But he wasn't in the bed with me. I sat up, frowning as I listened for him in the hotel suite. But he wasn't here. He left me? On my birthday? Sigh... It better be important. He's probably talking to Kyle about the pack. I was hoping all the pack stuff would be ignored for this amazing weekend...

Stop your blubbering. I bet he's running arrands because someone didn't buy enough food! I rolled my eyes and cut my wolf off. I did buy enough food. It's not my fault my mate eats like a truck driver, yet somehow manages to remain fit.

I looked at Aiden's empty stop and saw a piece of paper. I arched an eyebrow, picked it up and read over what he had to say.

'Summer. Happy Birthday, my beautiful Angel. I have a great day planned for you. So here's what you have to do. Get changed into that dress I had Jamie put in your bag. Then follow the arrows. I'll see you soon sweetheart. With all my love, Aiden.' I smiled widely and looked over the edge of the bed to see white arrows leading out of the bedroom. But first, I took a quick shower, pinned my hair on the top of my head and then pulled out the short, pink and white sundress. I pulled it on and then looked in the mirror. The good thing was it covered my scars. Bad thing, it seemed like people could easily see up it. I tried to dug it down but then my breasts were revealed. I frowned and sighed.

Stupid strapless dress! I grumbled and then applied the littlest makeup I have ever applied! Grabbing my phone and purse, I followed the arrows quickly. They took me through most of the hotel, down three flights of stairs and then two doors that lead to a limo. My mouth dropped open as the chauffer smiled at me and opened the door. "Miss Montgomery." He bowed his head as I slowly climbed into the limo, sitting on the comfortable leather seats. Then I saw another note plastered on the seat in front of me.

I took it down and read over it quickly.

'Good, you found the limo. Now, I'm having Jeff play your favorite movie, The Patriot, for the car ride.' I laughed at that, looking as the TV fell down. Then I read more of the note. 'It's not that long of a drive, but sit back and relax. I love you, and I will see you soon. Aiden.'

Then the movie played and I leaned back to watch with a huge smile on my face. Where was this man taking me? Oh I really don't care. This is definitely the best birthday I have ever had.

The movie got to the part where Mel Gibson and Heath Ledger are heading out to find soldiers to join the army when the car stopped. Aiden was right, it wasn't that long of a ride. But I was itching to be with him. So when Jeff opened the door, I nearly jumped out. Then he handed me a letter and I sighed, opening it.

What is this man doing?! He's setting me up on a wild goose chase.

'Follow the candles'. But first. Let me take in my surroundings. Where was I? It was open plain with a huge forest surrounding it. The meadow was large, with various types of wild flowers blooming. I wanted to go there, but the candles had a different idea. There was a path with candles on either side. I smirked and followed them. They lead me to the forest.

It was dark besides the candles and the little bit of sunlight that seeped through the trees. I tried to go through Aiden's mind to see if he was close. But he was blocking me out. Damn him. He's taking this too seriously.

I began to get antsy so I skipped down the path, swinging my purse as I did so. Then I saw the opening of the forest and I nearly ran towards it. Sunlight blinded me for a moment but when I could see, my mouth dropped open. No way. It was another meadow. This one ten times and beautiful as the last. There was a cliff that dropped down into a lake. And there was a picnic blanket on the ground filled with all this food it seemed like there was an army attending it. Then I looked at Aiden, who was standing in khaki shorts and a nice buttoned down shirt.