Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

"Kyle and Rain?!" I hopped out of bed and then collapsed in a heap when I realized  I was still naked. Aiden snarled and Samson covered his eyes. Aiden threw the blanket over me and got out of bed to talk to Samson. "Hey! Wait for me!" I got to my feet, wrapped the blanket around me and waddled out of the room after them.

"What in hells name is Kyle and Rain doing together!?" Aiden questioned. I was eager to find out too. I came up to Aiden's side and he wrapped an arm around my shoulders, pulling me to his hip. Samson stared at me, eyebrows raised.

"She hasn't told you?" He asked me. I opened my mouth and then snapped it shut. Told me what? "Aiden, Summer... Rain is Kyle's mate." My eyes bulged out. Wait! That's not possible...

"But Marla is his mate!" I cried. Aiden sighed and turned to face me. 

"No. Kyle marked her, mated with her. But they are not mates. Just childhood friends. Rain must have known about this for a while now." He murmured the last part to himself. I felt my head spin. Rain? And Kyle? She's only fifteen for crying out loud!

"Okay! Focus guys! Rogue's have been planning on taking down this pack for weeks. They aimed for the Luna first. Now they're going after the Beta." I squinted. When the rogue's attacked us... They came for me? How did Aiden know? Now I understood why he told me to run...

"Okay. So do you have anyway of finding where they could be? Like do you guys put tracking devices-"

"Kyle has a chip in his jaw. He installed one in him and Aiden when Aiden became Alpha. Marla, Kiera and Caitlyn are tracking him right now. Jacob, Jimmy and I are heading to Rain's last known destination to try and pick up a scent. The rest of the wolves are on a rage, hunting down and killing every rogue in their path." I was surpised, how quickly everyone went into action at the news of the captured Beta and the rogue girl. 

"Will...will he treat her well?" I looked over at Aiden. He gave me a cheeky grin and kissed me heavily. 

"He will treat her like the princess she is, angel." He kissed my forehead but pulled back when Samson let out a growl. 

"Guys! Will you stop being horny and focus?! Your sister is captured. So is your best friend." Right. Damn stupid hormones! Okay. I was focused. Rain. I have to save Rain. Before either of the guys could register what I was going, I bolted downstairs, grabbed a jacket and went into my Jeep Wrangler, started the engine and was about to rev away when Aiden jumped in with me. 

"What do you think you're doing?" He snapped at me. I ignored him and slammed on the acceleration, not caring that his door was still open. 

"Summer! Stop!" He ordered but all I could think about was Rain! Oh god, what if they hurt her. What if they try to kill her! No. Kyle will protect her. He'll risk his life for her... won't he? What if he doesn't! She's my baby sister! I swore to look after her! Damnation!

"She has to be okay... If she isn't, I don't know what I'll do." Aiden glanced over at me, grabbed my knee and let out a menacing growl.

"Stop the car, Summer. It won't do Rain any good if we both die as well." With that, I pulled over to the side of the road and slammed on the brakes. "Good. Now get out of the car and let me drive." He didn't wait for me to respond. He got out and sulked over to my side where he pried open the door and pulled me out. I whimpered and glared up at him.

"Let go!" I jerked out of his grasp and marched over to the passenger side of the car. "Rain needs us, Aiden. Tell me, will Kyle keep her safe?" I slammed the door shut and turned to look at him. Aiden began driving at a speed much slower than mine but a good fifteen miles over the limit.