Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Seventeen

Summer's POV

I layed curled on the bench, my hands folded under my head as I thought about everything that happened yesterday. I was taken away from Aiden. I lied and told him I never loved him-which broke my heart in so many ways. And then this supposed man named Storm so happens to be my brother. Who also promised to get me and Rain out of here. Could I trust him? Or was he just playing with my hopes. 

Rain snored light the next cell over. I peeled opened my eyes and then growled at the man who was watching me sleep. Luke. He smiled and pushed open the cell door, walking over to take a seat on the bench by me. I sneered trying to scoot away. 

"Good morning, sunshine. Ready for your execution this morning?" He asked me. I rolled my eyes. Oh yes, I'm stoked. Can't you tell by the expression on my face? I muttered inside my head. He smiled though I know he couldn't read my mind. 

"What do you want?" I growled. He quickly unchained me and yanked me to my feet. I gasped at the quickness and then whimpered as he pulled me out of the cell. 

"Summer?" Rain called. I went to speak to her but a hand was clamped over my mouth and I struggled against Luke's hold. I'll be back. I promise. I love you. I told her through our mind link. "Summer! No!" She cried. I wanted to go and hug her but Luke wasn't that merciful. He took me up, out of the prison he has underground and into the big field that held thirty something wolves. There was a forest surrounding the boarders, making the field seclusive and perfect for murder. There was a podium in the middle and he pushed me up on it. 

I stood there, looking at all the faces. So many were familiar but there were some I've never seen before. Luke kicked the back of my knees, making me cry out and fall to the ground. I began to pant as I desperately searched for Storm. 

He walked through the crowd and then marched to the front where he stopped and looked me dead in the eyes. He gave a curt nod and then eyed Luke who was now holding a huge axe. Two members grabbed my arms to keep me still as I felt the blade touch the back of my neck. I shivered, tears rolling down my face. 

Storm lied to me. He told me he would save me. But he isn't. He's just going to let me die! I heard the whoosh sound the axe made as it cut through the air and went towards my head. But before it made contact, there was a loud roar. I knew it was Aiden. 

Then, chaos broke out. About thirty or so wolves emerged from the forest and charged towards the Remington's. I spotted Aiden right away as he bounded towards Luke, who was now a wolf and went for Aiden. Once I was released, I bolted to the cells to get Rain out. 

"Rain!" I screamed and pulled open the cell door, grabbing her into my arms. "Run! Got home and don't look back!" I ordered. She shook her head as her eyes watered.

"But I want to fight! I can fight!" She stated.

"No. You will go home and never come back. Go, Rain. I'll be there soon, I promise." She snarled and then took off running. I followed her out but branched off towards the fight. I quickly shifted and headed towards enemy wolves. I teamed up with Kiera, Jamie and Caitlyn. Whoever struggled the most, I bounced back and forth.

When Jamie was held down by a wolf, I went to go save her when another wolf tackled me and bit into my shoulder. I roared out in anger and went to through him off when a loud whimper filled the field. I froze and looked over to see what it was. Who it was. Aiden. I felt my heart clench as I threw the wolf off and darted to his side, stood over him and snarled at Luke who was drenched in both his and Aiden's blood. 

Luke smirked and went to advance me but I roared out again, taking a lethal step forward. I rose up tall, refusing to cower away from him. I was done. Never again would I cower away from an Alpha. Or any man for that matter. Luke halted for a moment. Then leaped into the air and tackled me.