The Boys Dream

Author: @IslandApricot
Book: The Boys Dream

The Flow:
I just want to take a moment to thank you: thank you for applying for a review, I feel privileged to have read this deep and truly, meaningful book. I have no words, no words to describe the emotional state I'm in. This is perhaps the only book on Wattpad, that resonated with me in every sense of the word. Your writing style is just on point. It doesn't just hook the reader in, it pulls them into a different dimension. The multicultural side of the book positions any reader to relate, to some extent. It triggers the reader to not only empathize but sympathize with the characters. You have demonstrated a profound element to the vital issues this world currently encompasses. From racial inequality, to institutionalize corruption, to the inhuman injustice embedded in society.

The Characters:
Cyril: The way you depicted this character, his state of mind, is truly MIND-blowing. It's hard to understand the nature of someone disable without experiencing it first hand. But you've done an amazing job at highlighting the detrimental impact of those who are disable, their process of thinking and behaving stem from an inner battle, the fight to be normal. What is normal? Sigh. What a beautiful person, who wants nothing in this world but to feel safe and secure. Who craves affection and attention as the rest of us do.

Justin: His nature to act in resistance and not conform to the expectations of others really touched me. We need more people out there like him. We tend to take the flight option when encountering racial prejudice, but justice defies all that. He acts on impulse because it's human nature. The fear of confronting the dominant group is never ending, but Justin's character portrays bravery and courage.

Takara: A Muslim woman who lives in fear, oppressed because of the misconception of Islam. Her character is represented in a way, that reaches out to the Muslims that live in fear of being targeted. She seems soft and genuine at heart. Her absence in your book doesn't leave room for me to expand on this. But I love where you're going with this.

Rank: 10 - you blew me away.

P.S I will add this book to my list of amazing books, because it truly touched me. No words, like I said.