Black Petals

Author: bitterwishes
Book: Black Petals

The Flow:
You're by far the best writer I've come across here. It's not too complex or too simple, but you do have impeccable skills of getting the message across. Given that your book is really steady, your writing was the main reason I continued reading. However I did stop, I was also aware that you mentioned this book won't kick in until the fifth chapter. I read 14 chapters, however I felt like it was repetitive. Everyday Blaze would wake up with the same memories, and question whether they were lies. It honestly made me question whether lies have been instilled in her, and she can't tell anymore between what's real and what's in her head. I loved the mystery behind it. Your descriptions are so explicit it helped me visualize everything, from her emotional turmoil, to the landscape and ultimately, her way of living. Great job! I mean seriously, your writing skills are amazing.

Characters who resonated with me:

Blaze:
I think what I liked most about her is how weak she felt, but how strong she was at the same time. You depicted her as vulnerable, but I felt as though that vulnerability empowered her to some extent. She'd been alone for too long that physical contact as well as affectionate words were extremely foreign to her. She was really oblivious to how her friend felt towards her because she didn't feel worthy of love (from her past experiences, or maybe the figment of her imagination?). You really did a good job in shaping her mindset and the fact that she wasn't ordinary. There was more to her and she felt it, she just couldn't pinpoint it.

Additional Note:
I didn't finish the book because it was too steady, your writing and the idea of being enslaved since she was a young age did grip me. I wanted to know her story, but the repetitive chapters kind of made me give up. I know for a fact that anyone that would give it a shot would unravel the purpose behind it.

Rank: 8.5