Falling For Her

Author: @IsThisMeeee
Book: Falling For Her

(P.S thank you for waiting patiently, I've been so busy!)

The Flow:
It's really important for every writer on Wattpad to be fluid when they're writing. Your style of writing is fluid. No awkward sentences! So I didn't have to reread the same line twice (thank you). I think in the first two chapters, I got a gist of the main story line. Which is really good, but as I read further and further I felt as though the tone of the story remained fairly steady. No tension, no build up, just an insight on Cameron's humor and Emily's realization that she felt attracted to him in some way. It's really cute, but at the same time bouncing between what Cameron thinks and feels and how Emily reacts and reciprocates that feeling, made me lose interest. You didn't hint on anything out of the ordinary, or something captivating to get the reader rummaging through the pages wanting to find out more. I think it's more effective if you don't use italics in the dialogue, HOWEVER, if that's the way you like to structure your writing then make sure you don't use italics or you can insert quotation marks when he's thinking aloud, because it would get confusing for the reader. You need to review your punctuation, at times you don't use higher case letters where necessary nor do you include spaces between words, commas or fullstops (can easily be fixed!) I think your use of sensory description is AMAZE. When you describe your characters it helps me paint a picture of how they would feel (from their expressions) and look in reality. Love it.
I stopped reading it BECAUSE I lost interest. Maybe it's me, and my personality and what I like BUT the tension or the need to want to know more wasn't there (EVEN though your writing and characters are really entertaining, especially Cameron! But I needed more)

Characters who resonated with me:
I know you must think I'm harsh, but I'm really honest and I really hope when I write this genuine review (even if it may seem bitter- it is constructive criticism- this is to help you see things you may have overlooked)
Cameron:
Knowing Cameron has been a breath of fresh air. The books I mostly read are from a females point of view, but it's been a while since I've embodied a male character that is quite bubbly and entertaining! I love his down-to-earth personality, I think you've done a fantastic job with developing this easy going guy, who's outspoken, manly but soft hearted regardless of this daunting feeling that creeps up with EVERYONE on their first day of school. I had moments where I laughed out loud because of his sense of humor. I honestly really like Cameron's character.

Rank: 6/10

Authors Note:
Listen, I don't know what the upcoming chapters are post chapter 6, and what they entail. I don't know whether you've integrated a bit of suspense, or a rising action, a turning point, anything that changes the dynamics of the story... if you did then great job! Because that's all your book needs. But. In most of the reviews I've written, I've briefly touched base on how SIGNIFICANT the first chapters are. It's true. It hooks the reader in. If there's no hook that grabs you and generates this sense of curiosity, you've lost your reader. Don't be disheartened, you got this!