The Last Philosopher

Author: NickfEast
Book: The Last Philosopher

The Flow:
Mmm. Your writing, self-explanatory. Goes without saying. Perfecto =]. Your book. Wow. I'd say a handful but no no mindful is the correct word. I stopped reading after the chapter I voted last. Not because you've done a bad job in creating a realm of entities that serve a purpose LARGER than themselves.. BUT because my mind hasn't really been exposed to the depth and dynamics of thinking, in such a philosophical way. It's overwhelming actually, I had to look up words to comprehend what was happening. But Nick. If that's your real name. DO NOT BE DISHEARTENED. YOUR BOOK. Won't excel as you'd like it to on Wattpad HOWEVER you're going to be famous in the real world, this platform is limited. You have this thirst for knowledge as well I can tell. Publish it. And when you have 293&4849 fans, I can attest to the fact that I've had the pleasure of just KNOWING you.
On a serious note, to philosophize is to take your time, even when you have no time. I bet you any money majority of those who have critiqued your work pointed out that it's slow, boring, or too informative. Creative yes, amazing writing skills yes, but too steady. Well I'd like to (if I'm correct) just tell them, that WHEN YOU WANT TO TAP INTO THE MIND OF A PHILOSOPHER you will NOT find a blank page with a few scattered thoughts, words, ideas OR anything for that matter. It's a PARADOX. It's never ending. It's another world a different dimension. It's thought provoking questions - it's the mind of a philosopher. The more you think you know, the less you know. That's how they function. Don't cut out any information, you've done an amazing job with just few pages for each chapter to get your message across.

Characters who resonated with me:
Herschel: This character reminded me of one of Plato's sayings: Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something.
Interesting character. Being a philosopher is not limited to something you become, I believe, to some extent, its innate. It's that drive. It's fascination, it's perplexity, it's curiosity. You highlighted his characteristics through his thought-process and his actions, I felt like everything was going in slow-motion because he was calculating everything. THATS PHILOSOPHY. They aren't only there to think, that's an understatement and undermining their purpose because they're more than that. They perceive the world in wonder, they are on this journey, in search for meaning. Once they master this understanding of the world- the system of thought-the system of being- they feel the need to spread it. A situation happened, where Herschel questioned the warden, why he was unguarded (I think) and this epiphany drove him to voice it. It's interesting how you haven't pointed out that this individual is unable to accept his current reality - but you've shown it- because he's driven to defy authority and objectivity - because ultimately, he only believes in himself. I'm rambling, I don't even know if you're following, I'm just voicing my thoughts... haha.

Rank: 11/10 - I'm voting for all of your chapters when I have time - you will get to places. I believe in this book. I'm sorry I didn't give it time but it's time/energy consuming. I really had to think etc (this is a good sign). Makes me wonder, what am I feeding my mind with? When had I been mentally challenged? Despite the knowledge consumed, why is ones mind so limited? It's a reminder for me, that I really need to control and be selective with the information I feed myself with. So thank you.

P.S
I dislike everyone as well.