The Wildcards: Book 1

Author: The Wildcards: Book 1
Book: Reading_Mermaid08

The Flow:

One of the things I admired about this book is how you created multiple accounts for different character's and managed to skilfully combine them into a remarkable narrative. I'm impressed. The main weakness in your book is the occasional lack of clarity. Your opening chapter needs to be clear and structured. Make sure you signal the reader when you're changing the character in the third person. In your chapter you've added Asher's,  Jett's and Charlie's without an indication, introductory sentence or word, it will become easier to read if you do that. I would include a hyphen or stars (like you did in your second chapter) to indicate the division of the character. I have noticed grammatical mistakes and awkward-sentences, but it didn't disrupt the flow, you're on the right track with the storyline! I stopped reading because I didn't feel like I could relate to any of the characters. The motive behind reading is to travel to a different world, the kind you would want to escape to and find yourself all together. It was just not my cup of tea and that definitely doesn't mean that you haven't created an exciting world for other teenagers to savour.

Character who resonated with me:

Asher
You've created this typical bad boy, from his appearance down to his personality. But oddly enough, you managed to capture a glimpse of his deep desire to be something much bigger than himself. There is significantly more than meets the eye with him. He is rebellious, but soft. Resilient, but vulnerable. Thrilling, but composed. I lovee it. I know for a fact that if I had read more, I wouldn't be disappointed in how this character develops.

Thank you for allowing me to enter a world that I never could have run into on my own.

Rank: 8/10