Chapter 9: Kissing in the Rain

Sawyer’s POV

Before I could say anything else, Joey wrapped his arms around me. “I missed you Sawyer” he whispered in my ear. Those words were enough to warm my heart. I slowly put my arms around Joey and held him in my arms. I missed everything about him, his laugh, his smile…his scent. “I’m guessing you guys know each other” Tyler said. Joey let go of me and blushed. I wanted to pull him back. I wanted to hold him for eternity.

Joey’s POV

“Common Joey” Meghan said. She pulled me from the group of YouTuber’s that were now staring at me and Sawyer. “Where are you taking me?” I asked Meghan. “I’m saving you” Meghan replied. I didn’t know what I would do if it wasn’t for Meghan. I looked behind me and I saw Sawyer staring at me.  He looked upset, it was the same look he had when I dumped him. Meghan and I were leaving VidCon. When I turned back again, Sawyer was gone. I felt my heart sink and I had a bad feeling in my stomach.  “I think I should go back Meghan” I said. “I won’t let you. Don’t Joey!” Meghan warned me. She grabbed hold of my arm and pulled me closer to me.

Sawyer’s POV                                             

Why Joey? Why leave? You’re the same coward you were last year. I can feel it that you want you want to be with me but you’re afraid to be hurt. Instead, I end up getting hurt. After Joey left, everyone wanted to know what that hug was about. They wanted to know if it meant anything. I didn’t know what to say. The hug did mean something to me though. “Sawyer?” Tyler said softly. Before he could finish his sentence I snapped. “Leave me alone! Like I said, I just want to be alone.” I yelled. I ran away and went out to look for joey. I saw him and Meghan close with her arm around his. The hug didn’t mean anything to him. I heard thunder and I looked up into the sky, it was dark and ominous. It was exactly how I felt.  Joey is a heartbreaker, he can’t love anyone. Why should I even try? It started to pour outside and I was trying to find me car.

Joey’s POV

It began raining so Meghan and I started to look for cover. She held me tight and it felt weird. She was too close and touchy since Sawyer and I… had a moment. “Meghan, I need to find Sawyer” I said. “You won’t find him in the rain Joey!” she said. “I have to try” I said. “Why do care so much about Sawyer? You never mentioned him before” Meghan said in a clingy voice. “What’s up with you Meghan? I’m going to look for him” I said. Meghan grabbed hold of me tight and said “No you’re not.” “What are you doing to do about it, we are not even dating” I said. I left Meghan and ran off into the rain. I didn’t care if I would get sick, wet or even if my hair got messed up. I needed to catch up to Sawyer before he left. He was nowhere in sight though. Meghan was right, it was hopeless to find him. That didn’t mean that I would quit looking for him.

Sawyer’s POV

I was soaking wet trying to look for my car. I was looking in the line of cars in the parkway. I didn’t know if I could even find it in this rain. I continued down the lane and there she was. She was beautiful. I took my keys out and unlocked the door. It was time to leave VidCon. It wasn’t at all as what I thought it would be, it was madness.  As I reached to open the door, someone grabbed hold of my hand. It was Joey. We were both in the rain wet and cold. He grabbed hold of me and did the unexpected. He kissed me. His arms reached down and I dropped my keys. We were kissing in the rain.