Chapter 25: Warm Hugs

Joey's POV

I woke up in the arms of Sawyer. It felt good.

Trying to get up though, didn't feel as good. I was still sore from the night before and I couldn't blame Sawyer for sleeping in.

I took my laptop from my counter and went downstairs to the kitchen. I was going to take the opportunity of continuing the book while Sawyer was still sleeping in.

I opened the laptop and pondered on what I should write. It became problematic for me.

I had writers block. I usually had a lot of stuff to write down. But nothing came to mind.

In frustration I closed my laptop and made myself a sandwich. Maybe I was just hungry. A growing boy can't think straight on an empty stomach after all.

If I wasn't going to write anything I might as well checked my emails. I looked through my emails and an attachment caught my eye. As it started to load, I realized it was an invitation.

I couldn't help but smile when I saw the invitation. It was an invitation to my high school reunion. I guess the popular bitches couldn't wait any longer to show off their success and see how the losers of the school turned out.

I always wondered what happened to everyone after high school. Now, was my opportunity. I wasn't the loser that I was in high school. I changed. I became a new person. I had YouTube, Sawyer and Hitch. That was all that I needed.

As I heard Sawyer come downstairs from his room, I closed my laptop. He must have woken up from the aroma of the coffee I was brewing. I watched as Sawyer walked towards me. He looked over my shoulder and slid past my neck to the hickey mark left on my shoulder blades from last night.

"What are you doing up so early?" Sawyer asked.

"Looking over emails" I responded quickly.

"You're not working on your book?" Sawyer said in a surprised but sarcastic tone.

I turned over in my chair speechless. I couldn't believe Sawyer would invade my privacy like that. He wouldn't, he couldn't I said to myself.

"What do you know about my book?" I said sharply.

Sawyer played the innocent card. He was smooth like that. I wasn't going to let him off the hook that easily.

"Don't get so defensive. It was in your vlog yesterday. You don't think I watch your videos?" Sawyer said.

I let out a sigh. I was glad that I was wrong. Sawyer didn't know anything about what I had written so far in my book. I had to be more careful. It was only a matter of time before Sawyer found out what I was writing. When he does, all hell will break loose.

Sawyer looked annoyed at me. I could tell he wanted an apology. He was stubborn like that. But so was I. It was in my best interest to change the subject to a different manner all together. I wasn't going to apologize for something that I didn't know for sure I was wrong for.

"Hey soy-sauce" I said to Sawyer the nicest way that I possibly could.

"Don't soy-sauce me Joey, I'm very upset with you" Sawyer said.

"No it's good this time. I promise" I said quickly, changing the subject in hand. "How about we fly to Boston. It's been too long since I've seen my family don't you think?" I said.

Sawyer thought about it, hard. I could tell. His eyes would roll up as if he was looking up into the distance. It was getting pretty annoying. He knew I was up to something. Sawyer wouldn't get an invitation because he left the high school before graduating so I had nothing to worry over.