Chapter 14: Boyfriend

Joey’s POV

I took my box and brought it back upstairs. I felt my phone vibrate. It was a notification from my YouTube feed. Tyler uploaded a Drunk Collab with my Sawyer. I smiled wanting to watch the video. It should be funny watching Sawyer drunk for the first time.

I looked at my room and there was still a lot of work to be done. I sighed and put my phone back in my pocket. It would just have to wait.  I went downstairs and saw Sawyer uploading his Drunk Collab video. I wanted to see it so bad. I could hear the laughter that Sawyer and Tyler shared as Sawyer was reviewing the footage.

I went back upstairs and sat in my empty room. I realized that Kalel provided me with much more than what I had thought. I heard Sawyer’s footsteps as he went up the stairs. “What’s wrong Joey?  You needed something?” Sawyer said.

Sawyer looked around the room and he could tell by the expression of my face what was wrong. “Let’s go furniture shopping, I’ll drive” Sawyer said. I smiled and Sawyer held out his hand so he can pull me out of the bed.

I grabbed his hand but instead Sawyer pulled me into his arms. I put my arms around Sawyer’s waist and kissed him on the check. I could tell he was blushing. “Don’t be afraid to ask. I have no problem with it. You’re my boyfriend after all” Sawyer whispered into my ear. I lighted up with joy. Sawyer said it, I was his boyfriend.

The car ride was quiet. There wasn’t a lot that Sawyer and I could talk about. We have been far apart from each other for so long.  I looked down the whole car ride. Sawyer tried making an attempt for a conversation but I ended up replying with a “yes” or “no” so the conversation ended quickly.

Sawyer finally parked. We got out and walked into the furniture store and Sawyer and I started to look around. There were so many things I wanted to get. Sawyer and I ended up getting things that both of could use, as if we were married. I completely forgot about myself and the stuff I needed to get like a bed, desk and hangers.

Sawyer’s POV

“Hey you guys!” I heard Joey yell from the furniture store. He started to run in the direction he was yelling. I turned around and saw that Shane and Lisa were furniture shopping as well. They had puzzling looks on them. Oh god. What were they thinking? Joey and I furniture shopping….It seemed pretty obvious. I just had to play it cool.

Lisa and I began to talk but I couldn’t help but listen to the conversation Joey and Shane were having. I got jealous. Joey and I could barely even start a conversation but he has no problem talking to Shane Dawson.  It aggravated me.

Shane started acting weird with Joey, I didn’t like it. He was flirting with my Joey.  It started getting awkward for Lisa and me. I could tell. We couldn’t do anything because Joey was vlogging everything. 

Joey looked at me and I gave him a look. He knew he had to end the vlog. Joey said his goodbyes in the vlog and put the camera down. “It was so nice to meet you guys” I said immediately “We have to hurry back home to feed Hitch, he must me starving. We’ve been here too long already.” “Bye Joey” Shane said before we left.

I clenched my hands into a fist. Joey and I finally got into the car and Joey spoke up. “What was that about Sawyer?” he said. “I didn’t like how Shane was acting around you” I replied. I looked down. Joey scooted over and kissed me on the lips. “Don’t get jealous soy-sauce. I’m your boyfriend remember” Joey said. Boyfriend... It felt so good hearing those words coming out of his mouth. I nodded and kissed Joey back.