Chapter 15: Jealousy

Joey’s POV 

Sawyer unlocked the doors to the house. “I still need to get you keys. It would be the first thing I do tomorrow” he said. I blushed and went inside. I looked over at the time and it was midnight. I yawned and went upstairs to my room. I was a sleepy boy. I groaned as I remembered that I still didn’t have any bed… No furniture in fact. Sawyer paid for delivery since we were in such a rush to get out.  

Sawyer put his arms around my waist and kissed me on the check. “You can sleep in my bed if you want” he said. I turned red at the thought of me and Sawyer sleeping in the same bed. Sawyer realized what he was asking and got embarrassed. “I could sleep on the couch if you want. It’s my fault you still have no bed” Sawyer said.

“No Sawyer. I won’t let you sleep on the couch of your own… I mean our house” I responded. That would need some getting used to. Sawyer nodded and we both went into his bedroom. I got into the bed and Sawyer got in after me. I could tell Sawyer felt awkward. He was staring at the ceiling pretending to sleep. I moved in and put my head on Sawyer’s chest.

“Maybe I don’t need that bed after all” I said “you’re pretty comfy.” Sawyer chuckled and wrapped his arm around me and before we knew it we were spooning. I woke up with Sawyer next to me. I smiled and got up from the bed carefully. I didn’t wake up Sawyer. He was so cute when he was asleep. My phone vibrated. I was a text from Shane.

Shane: Hey Joey.

Joey: Sup boy.

Shane: We NEED to collab. Come over.

Joey: I’m actually all dressed up. I can come over now if you want.

Shane: Perfect                  

Joey: I’ll be over in 20 minutes.

Shane: I’ll be waiting.

I blushed and put my phone away. I didn’t want to wake up Sawyer so he could give me a ride so I called Uber LA for a ride to Shane’s house. Once the cab came I got in and gave the taxi driver Shane’s address. When we got there, I got out of the cab and rang the door to Shane’s house.

Shane opened the door and I walked inside. As I entered, I felt his hands hold my face in place so I couldn’t pull away and he kissed me on the lips. I backed off confused. “What the hell just happened?” I said.  Shane pointed to the camera. “It’s for a Dare the Dawson video” he replied. I turned red from embarrassment and nodded.

“Sorry about that Joey” Shane said. “It’s fine. It’s just for the collab” I said. “That’s right. #shoey” he said. I looked down and my heart began to sink a little. I preferred #jawyer. What if this actually becomes a thing? I had other ships before but none with such a popular YouTuber like Shane Dawson.

“Shane?” I asked. “Yeah Joey” he said. “Can I get a ride home?” I said. “Sure. I’m sorry if I made you uncomfortable” he relied. “No it isn’t that. You’re honestly one of the funniest people met. I just need to get home you know?” I said.

Shane smiled and we both got into his car. I hoped Sawyer was still asleep. Shane dropped me off in front of Sawyer’s house and I got out. I walked out and I forgot that I still didn’t have keys. I took a deep breath and knocked on the door. Sawyer opened it second later. I walked in and it was quiet.

“How’s Shane?” he asked. “He’s doing fine” I said. “Then why were you with him” he said raising his voice. “It was for a collab. That’s it Sawyer” I said angrily. Sawyer took a look at me and shook his head and sighed.

He took something from his pocket and threw it at me. I closed my eyes and I heard a jingle. I opened them again, it were keys to Sawyer’s place. Sawyer walked into his room and slammed the door shut. “I’m sorry” I said from the other side of the door. “Let me in” I pleaded. Only silence filled the house.

I got into my bed and saw in my feed that Shane posted the video. I looked and saw that it still had fewer than 301 views even after a few hours that he posted the video. I sighed in relief. Hopefully it will stay like that. I was wrong.

I woke up early to make breakfast for Sawyer. It was my way of making it up to him. Sawyer came out of his room and instead of saying “Good Morning” he was yelling.                                   

*Present Day*- (Heated Up)

Joey’s POV

“What is this?” Sawyer yelled from across the room.

A picture of me and Shane kissing came up on his phone. “Why do you care?” I yelled. “I’m your boyfriend” he said.

“You haven’t been acting like a good one” I responded. “What is that even supposed to mean” he said. I couldn’t believe Sawyer.  He thinks I’m acting out. I couldn’t think of anything to say so I blurted out.

“You think I like seeing you get drunk with Tyler” I said. “It was only a collab Joey” Sawyer screamed. “So was this!” I yelled.

Sawyer's POV

When did things get so bad between me and Joey? “No yours was more than a collab. You and Shane kissed” I said. “It was a dare. I left right after” Joey said “I’m never was bothered by you and Tyler collabing. I trust you. Why can’t you trust me?”

“Shane likes you. Don’t you see it! He wants to take you away from me. “Joey walked close to me. “Shane is my friend” he said. He put his arms around my neck and lifted his head to kiss me. “You can’t kiss a friend like that. We’re more than friends though. You're my boyfriend” he continued.