IV. Stained Suede

Extending Our Hearts

⎯⎯⎯⎯

THEO QUICK!❞ Talia exclaims and pushes me out of the car. "I'll go do a turn in the parking lot, now go!"

I groan in response but that turns into a wince as I hear my sister drive a bit too harsh over a speed bump.

My poor car.

I quickly run into the entrance and don't take long to find an employee this time. Not surprisingly, it's the stunning employee again.

As if noticing my hurry, which isn't that hard to notice with the way I'm panting and a very obvious sweat patch on my back, she turns around and puts her notebook on the counter to look at me.

"Good afternoon," she grins. "What can't you find?"

I swallow, "Vinegar, what aisle?"

Her eyebrows shoot up before she points to the aisle opposite to the register beside us. "Aisle four."

My feet swiftly turn around and head for the aisle, which thankfully isn't as far as all the others. Which reminds me, all my recent trips have been in such a hurry I barely noticed they'd gotten new coolers and registers matching the walls.

The vinegar is close to the start of the aisle and I don't hesitate to grab it upon first sight. 

I pass her the vinegar just as Talia pulls up and honks the horn at the front. 

Come on, scan the item slower won't you.

"That'll be four seventy-six," she says as I hand her the five dollar bill.

The honking outside makes her look out the entrance, "Your ride?"

I nod when Talia honks the horn again, "She's impatient."

This girl is the one who got us into this predicament and now she's hurrying me up.

Talia's the one who spilt the orange juice on the couch yet I have to clean it up and probably get the blame later on for a suspicious stain on mum's precious suede.

"You know what," I back away and start to walk toward the entrance. "Give me the change tomorrow!"

The doors close as she replies something incoherent to me but I couldn't care less with the ticking time bomb at home, otherwise known as my mother, all thanks to easily stained suede.