XI. Lizard Pee

Extending Our Hearts

⎯⎯⎯⎯

MY HAND reaches for my phone which has continuously been ringing for five straight minutes. Whoever's calling definitely doesn't have any patience or doesn't understand that I can't answer the phone while driving.

I pull the car over on the side of the street and unlock my phone, which had just stopped ringing. 

(4) Missed Calls from Talia T.

Of course it'd be her out of everyone, the girl has the patience of my grandmother. Barely any.

Before I click on the call button, my phone starts vibrating in my hands again. 

"What do you want?" I sigh.

I hear her shuffling on the other side of the phone, "Be nicer to me, I'm your baby sister."

I let out a chuckle, "If you mean by baby you being very annoying-" 

"God," she grumbles. "I was just going to remind you buy me my almond milk because knowing you, you already forgot."

Oh, shit.

That's what's been nagging at me since I got in the car.

"You forgot didn't you?" Talia asks on the other end.

"No," I huff. "I didn't, it's in the back seat."

She sighs, "I know you forgot dumbass, just make sure to have it when you get here."

"Why don't you do it yourself," I retort.

Once again, I hear her exhale. "I don't have a fucking car now hurry up."

BEEP BEEP BEEP.

And she hung up, great.

My eyes look back over at the time in the car as I start driving toward Tippy's.

7.19PM

I sigh as I change gears and the car jerks forward reminding me to put on my seatbelt.

The only reason I'm actually picking up her almond milk is because I don't want to listen to her complaints of me being not being supportive during this difficult transition.

She's attempting to go vegan.

Talia, who values cheese more than anything else, is attempting to go vegan.

I'd support her in all of this but I know my sister better than she knows herself and I know she'll cave in.

Same thing happened last year. She tried to 'fix' her sleeping schedule by drinking green tea before going to bed every evening. That did not work out.

We ended up having to get a new tea cabinet because someone had broken it after getting tired of the taste of green tea.

Her exact words were 'green tea is worse than lizard pee.'

Why lizard pee? I have no idea, Talia's just a strange person and I don't even mind it anymore.

It doesn't take long for me to pull into Tippy's parking lot and I curse myself for not having an umbrella just as it starts to drizzle.

Thankfully there's a parking space available not far from the entrance and I quickly park before the rain starts to really come down.

I let out a deep breath once I'm in the store and dry off my phone on my shirt before stuffing it in my back pocket.

I continue walking into the entrance hall but am stopped by a hand slapping against the sliding door.

"What's up!" Ella exclaims.

I flinch in response before my hand flies to my heart in an attempt to calm it down.

Whilst my heart rate slows down to its normal pace, the one who scared me is off to my right laughing her ass off.

Literally.

On the floor.