5

Dan's POV

I walk through the empty halls, cautiously looking around for teachers.

The halls are almost as empty as me, I don't know what I feel, but it's not happiness or sadness, I dont feel anger, no regret, I'm not confused, I'm just... empty.

I see Phil standing at the school gate, a smile plastered on his lips, "Hey, did any teachers see you?"

"Um..No, They wouldn't have cared anyway"

"Well you have a great school", He replies sarcastically, Chuckling a bit.

"Oh of course", I reply, my face not showing any emotion.

"So, I know a great cafe down the road if tou want to get breakfast"

"I had breakfast"

"What did you have?", He smirks.

"An...apple"

"That's not a proper breakfast, c'mon", He says, pulling me gently by the wrist.

We arrive at a small cafe, the Windows painted with condensation and the fake leather chairs covered in small rips and tears.

"This used to be my family's cafe, It was quite nice back Then", He says, smiling as he looks around.

"That's pretty cool, why did they sell it?"

"Oh-um, Let's go and find a table", He says worriedly, changing the subject.

We sit at a table beside one of the condensated Windows, to which I draw on, Altough I'm pretty sure I lost the ability to draw smiley faces so I draw a crying face and ignore the strange look I get from Phil who is sitting opposite me.

"You o-"

"Don't ask me if I'm okay", I snap.

"Um, W-Why, what's wrong?"

"Nothing really, I've just had enough of being asked if I'm okay, I remember teachers in primary school always asking me and taking me out of lesson, which of course I got bullied for"

"Okay....What do You want? I'll pay"

I hate this, I hate others spending money on me, I dont deserve it.

"I-I...um"

"Hot choclate?"

"Okay"

He leaves the table to order, shortly returning with two steaming hot choclates topped with cream.

I pick my drink up raising it to my lips.

"It's ho-", But before he can finish my sentence I burn my toungue and blush with embarrasment.

"I was going to tell you it was hot", He laughs, his toungue poking out the side of his mouth a bit.

"It's not funny", I pout.

"Cheer up, sugar cane", He smiles at me, Tickling my chin.

"Sugar cane?", I laugh.

"Don't ask"

"Right..."

We finish our drinks and leave the small coffee shop, The cold instantly hitting us.

"Where do you want to go, we still have a few hours 'till school finishes", He says, looking at his phone.

"Um, your place?"

"No, Let's not go there....its a bit of a....mess"

"Okay....What about the library?"

"Now that's a good plan"

The library is normally empty during school hours so we wont have to worry about being too noisy.

It's only a five minute walk away and when we get there, the only person inside is the librarian, who is asleep.

We find a comfortable spot and both head straight for the comic book section.

We both go for the same Pokèmon Manga and our hands touch, making a weird feeling run through me.

"Oh, sorry, you can have it", He blushes.

"We can share", I smile.