29

The brunette boy knocks  faintly on the door twice.

"Martyn?", That all too familiar voice calls out in a hushed tone.

He decides not to answer, opening the door to reveal Phil sitting against the headboard of the bed, a full plate of, presumably, cold food next to him, "Dan?", He gasps.

Dan nodded, sitting at the edge of the bed.

"W-What are you doing here?", Phil stutters, moving the plate out of the way.

"I came to talk.."

Phil nods, sitting cross-legged beside the younger boy.

"I'm sorry about what I said", Phil says quietly, playing with the strings of his brother's ripped jeans.

"I'm sorry too, I should have let you explain, but I- I just knew it was too good and simple, I knew something would come up, when it did, I snapped"

"It's okay", Phil put a hand on Dan's shoulder reassuringly.

"It's not...you were right, I haven't got anything here to live for, well, I mean, except you, but I just- I can't leave this place"

"We can stay here then", Phil replies, barely loud enough for a whisper, his eyes on the mattress.

"You don't want to, I know you don't", Dan says firmly but somehow a gentle tone seeps into his words.

"Dan...I-", He is interrupted by soft lips on his, the kiss is hesitant and awkward but Phil accepts it all the same.

Phil looks at him with shocked but gentle eyes.

"I had to do that, partly to shut you up and partly because I had to do it one last time, go to Australia, it'll make you happy, All I want is for you to be ha-ppy", He smiles sadly and they ignore the slight crack in his voice.

"But I- I don't want to leave yo-"

"Do it for Me, Yeah? Go for Me, Please?", He smiles at him again, stroking his hair with his thumb.

"I-Okay, Okay, fine, but I want to stay in contact with you, I'll visit you every couple of months and-and..", He didn't realise he was crying until his tears were being wiped away by the younger boy's slightly tanned hand.

"It's okay", Dan whispers into the silent room,"it's o-okay", This time he lets himself cry, still smiling at the blue-eyed boy in front of him.

"I love you", Phil sobs quietly.

"I love you too", Dan wipes his tear stained cheeks and gives Phil another sad but genuine smile.

__

Next chapter is the last one ;)