23

Phil places one last kiss on Dan's forehead and smiles when he cuddles up to his pillow.

__

The morning air is crisp, Phil's teeth instatly begin to chatter silently and he pulls his coat closer to his chest.

He enjoyed the walk to work, it was peaceful, although he couldn't help but wish he had Dan's hand to keep his hands warm rather than his pockets.

The walk seems to be longer now its winter, the birds don't sing as loud, the old man that lives a few houses away isn't whistling to some 1950's song whilst letting his dog out to do its business and there's no kids laughing with eachother on the way to school, the usual kids are silent, as if speaking will make their toungues fall out or something.

Phil thinks back to them years in the 'children's home', He would always call it hell.

He didn't speak much then, sometimes he'd go 3 months most without uttering a single word, he didn't feel any use of it, he had no friends and no one liked him.

Phil shook his head at the thought, 'I'm not remembering that again', He thought to himself.

__

He walked into the usual building but suddenly stopped when he saw the new faces and unfamiliar voices.

Phil found his boss sitting at his usual desk, except the contents and clutter usually covering it was no longer there.

"What's going on?", Phil asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Someone else brought the business"

Phil's eyes widened, "W-will I lose my job?"

"Up to the new boss", He shrugs.

Phil nods and walks out of the office, clutching his belongings to his chest.

He heard a murmur of voices and unfamiliar laughs.

He wandered around, looking for something to clear his head; he stopped.

"Martyn? Martyn Lester?!"