12

☝☝☝☝ Not mine (I can't draw for shit)

Dan

I unlock the dark brown door and enter Phil's flat, Its really quiet.

"Phil?", I call, Closing the door with my foot.

He doesn't answer, Maybe he's out?

I let the thought slip my mind and go into our room to change, Until I stop in the doorway and see him at the foot of the bed, Curled up in a ball, Sobbing.

"Phil?", I say worriedly.

He just shakes his head and cover it with his arms.

I walk over to him and wrap my arms around him, Kissing his hair softly and rubbing his back in a reassuring gesture.

"C'mon", I say gently, " Tell me what's wrong"

He handed me a scrunched piece of paper, I took it and unwrapped it, My eyes widening at the words.

"Oh Phil..", I whisper.

"I know, Its bad"

"Its really bad, How-What happened?"

"I took out a loan a few months ago, I c-couldn't pay it back, Or the bills.

"You should have told me, I would have got a job and and-"

"Dan..please, You should leave"

"I'm not leaving you"

"Just leave!"

I stare at him, Shock obvious on my face, I can't leave him.

"When are they picking your stuff up"

"I haven't got much stuff to be honest but they're taking it tommorow"

"I will stay until then at least"

"Bu-"

"I will stay until then, Okay?"

"Fine"

That night I don't sleep, I feel Phil tossing and turning all night, small cries escaping him every now and then.

I hate seeing him like this, He's supposed to be that ball of sunshine that could light up any room and make others happy just by smiling.

But the sun has to explode sooner or later.

And I guess it'll be sooner.

__

Phil hasn't said anything all day, he watched as his belongings were taken out of his flat, nothing any of us could do about it.

I saw his eyes start to well up with tears and I take his hand in mine, squeezing it reasurringly.

He packs a small bag of clothes and we leave.

"We can go to a shelter", I suggest.

"D-Dan, You don't need to do this, go home, You have a bed and food there, you dont want to be with me"

"No"

He shakes his head and pulls the bag over his shoulder.

"C'mon, I'll ask my parents?", I say.

"They would never let me stay"

"It's worth a shot"

"But Da-"

"We're going", I tug on his arm and head in the direction of the bus stop.

______

"Dan!", My mum cries, a smile on her face opening her arms out for a hug.

I wasn't expecting this, I thought she hated me.

I go along with it and give her a quick hug, She looks at Phil, a slight frown on her face, which I can see is making him uncomfortable.

She invites us in and my dad gives me a rough hug.

I explain what has happened and they agree, I'm still confused about how nice they are treating me but I like it.

____

What even was this messed up chapter?