1. Lost and Locked Away

A M Y ' S    P 0 V :

The first thing I did when I regained consciousness wasn't opening up my eyes. They were stiff and heavy, feeling impossible to peel back. No, instead, I listened as the sound reverberated through my ears.

THUMP.

THUMP.

THUMP.

The very last sign of life Martha had given off before collapsing to the ground, dead. I willed myself to not believe it was true, to figure out that this was all a big misunderstanding and she had just been throwing them off, but the facts only pointed towards one thing.

The heartbeat stopped, and it didn't start again.

I listened carefully, trying to pull my thoughts away from the dreadful topic and figure out where I was. The last thing I remembered was the witches promise, that they would find me, and Jason's soothing voice promising me I would stay safe.

Wait, where was Jason?

At the thought of simply not knowing where my mate was, I began to forcefully try to peel my stubborn eyelids apart. Realizing that I felt slightly woozy, I reasoned that I was probably gassed or injected with a sedative, one that would knock me unconscious.

When I finally got my eyes to crack open to let in the light of the outside world, I found myself staring into nothingness. Hmm... interesting. Out of all the bloody scenes that had played out in my head of what I was expecting to find, I was instead faced entirely by darkness.

I struggled to sit up, but found myself being pulled back harshly into the seat I was in. I felt the cool metal rub against my arms, holding me in place. I thrashed, trying to break free of the suddenly suffocating seat and room. Unfortunately, it did nothing, but take my breath away and slowly work to weaken me. 

I struggled to calm my jagged breathing. It was okay, everything was going to be okay. The witches didn't know what they were up against, and as soon as I found a way to un-cuff myself, I would find Jason and Martha. I just hoped that Rachel and I could cope until then.

RACHEL! 

My wolf, the one that knew me better than anyone and had been there since before I could remember, was forgotten in my sudden wave of panic. Since she was pretty outspoken, I usually just took for granted her voice in my head.

But sitting there, in the darkness, void of any sound, I realized how alone I truly was. In a panic, I hurried to try and contact my wolf, but I felt a certain emptiness around me.

Nothing. My brain was painfully silent, the voice of my wolf gone. But it wasn't like she just couldn't speak, no, it was like she wasn't even there, as if someone had ripped her from me.

I felt pain I had never endured before at the simple thought. I continued to struggle against my restraints. This had gone too far as it was - I wasn't about to sit still while the wolves did who knows what with Rachel, with Martha, with Jason, with everyone else.

But before I could move far, I heard the door creak open. I momentarily froze, trying to use my werewolf sight to see who was there, and also the quickest exit. 

The area around me remained pitch black, except this time, heavy-booted footsteps stomped across the floor towards me, sending chills up my spine. Again, I yanked against my restraints, but to no avail. 

"Well, well, well," a deep voice chuckled, as the footsteps came to a stop right in front of where I was strapped down. "I'm surprised you haven't found your way out yet. Although, I had always been told that when you lose your wolf you lose that ability also."

I struggled harder, a feral snarl working its way up my throat. "Where am I?!"

The chuckling continued. "A, you're back in the holding room, nothing special."

A?! My kidnapper, or whoever this was in front of me, had the audacity to give me some nickname?! I growled lowly, but with the removal of my wolf, it sounded like I was trying to hurriedly clear my throat.

"A, you okay?" The male voice quickly turned worried as I continued to struggle against the restraints, my actions getting more hurried the longer we sat there. "A, what-"

"LET ME GO!" I bellowed. "I WANT TO GET OUT OF HERE, LET ME GO! YOU'VE DONE ENOUGH, YOU TOOK AWAY MY WOLF AND FAMILY FROM ME, JUST GIVE THEM BACK AND LET ME GO! YOU WILL NEVER BE GETTING MY COOPERATION - EVER!"

The footsteps that had continued advancing towards me came to a halt, and the sudden silence told me that they were extremely shocked at my behavior. But after kidnapping me, what had they expected - me to come willingly and comply to everything they asked?

Suddenly, one second I went from leaning forward as far as I could in the chair I was strapped to, to falling face flat on the concrete, with my wrists and ankles sore, but free.

I groaned, and was quickly hauled up off the floor. The strong hands gripped my shoulders, and hot breath hit my face as I let my head loll to the side. I will admit - the fall had thrown me off quite a bit, but I knew that if I acted like I was more injured, I could use one of this guy's weaknesses to escape free.

Well, at least I thought that was an option, before bright floodlights lit up the room, making me blink rapidly to try and adjust to the sudden wave of light. I was set down onto my own two feet as I tried to regain my balance, but before I could move to see who was behind me, acting as the only thing that was keeping my face from meeting the concrete again, I saw someone else.

Due to the loss of my wolf, I couldn't smell who was a werewolf, human, or witch. But when I saw the person standing a few feet away from me, I got a gut feeling that I knew this person, better than I had originally thought.

It was a girl, with raven black hair cut into a short bob, with red highlights and flaming green eyes. She had tattoos covering her shoulders, that could easily be hidden by a short-sleeve t-shirt. 

She appeared frightened and confused as she stared back at me. 

The guy behind her spoke, although I felt a breath on the back of my neck. 

"A, don't you recognize yourself anymore?"

...

Hey guys!

Sorry I waited so long to write this book and started on a total cliffhanger!

I hope you like the direction of the book so far, I am going to make sure this isn't some cliche story, trust me!

Later on - probably once I finish this book - I will go back through and edit the series.

So, who do you think that guy was?

And did you realize who that girl is?

Let me know in the comments!

My updating schedule will probably be kind of unpredictable, but here it is:

-I won't be updating that much during the week, if at all

-My goal is to publish at least  1 chapter per weekend, maybe more :)

Don't forget to

READ. COMMENT. VOTE!

-hexodus ;D