15. Not My Territory

AMY'S POV:

It had been a few hours since everyone had left my room and I was still awake.

If only that day had gone differently...

I shook my head. There was no point in wishing it would happen if it was in the past. I needed to figure out what my next move was.

I already knew that Jason had no interest in me. Going to try and make that dream come true was never going to work out. I could pretty much kiss that dream goodbye. 

I couldn't just keep living normally with the witches, not with knowing what I knew.

My fingers clutched my hair as I bent forward, a sigh escaping my dry lips. I couldn't keep this up. The pain, not having Jason, my wolf, Martha... all of it was starting to become too much.

I knew that I had to do something. Sitting here wasn't an option. I knew that instead of staying with the witches I could go back to Martha's house and see if there was any way I could get my wolf back. I needed Rachel, and no matter how much I tried to talk myself out of it, I-I just couldn't. I can't live without her.

Knowing that there was no way that Violet and Brandon - or any witches for that matter - were going to let me out of the house. Not after what had gone down. So, I pulled on a hoodie that was hanging in my closet and packed a bag with the basic essentials in case I ran into trouble - a blanket, clothes, sledgehammer - you know, the basics. 

I really did pack a sledgehammer and was starting to regret it as I made my way towards the window. In case I ran into the wolves, I needed some way to defend myself without using my powers. With Rachel gone, this was my best option. 

I wasn't going to use my powers because I did not want to alert the witch community of my location and the fact that I was missing.

Just before I jumped out the window and onto the ground below, I glanced behind me at the door. I knew that they weren't going to check on me for the next few hours, but I couldn't help but feel guilty. I bit my lip, indecisiveness rolling over me. 

I shook my head. No, I was going to do this. Rachel came first. 

And, with that last thought, I propelled myself out of the window and into the abyss below.

...

I was just outside of Martha's house. I was here to finish the job. I was going to find a spell that would bring back my wolf, no matter how long it took.

Just as I approached, though, I saw a dark figure run past. I gasped and quickly pressed my back against the nearest tree.

I silently cursed at myself. How could I have been so stupid? This house was on the Silver Crescent Pack's Territory! There were patrol wolves and witches swarming the area as part of the restrictions Jason had been put under for his crimes against me.

I gritted my teeth. I couldn't turn back now. Plus, I had a sledgehammer, I could defend myself. Somehow. 

Creeping forward silently, I made my way from tree to tree, head down and slowly creeping. I glanced up to see that I was only a few feet from the trees closest to the house. Almost there...

"Do you know what I would do if I saw Leader A ever again?" The unknown voice made me freeze and my entire body locked up. It took me a minute to realize that I hadn't been spotted, but that it was just two wolves on patrol chatting.

"What? Kill her?" A second wolf asked, standing offly close to the tree I was behind. Deep breaths, Amy, deep breaths. In and out, in and out.

"Nah, that would be too easy," the first one replied casually. "I would torture her, remove her wolf, break her spells that make her powerful through witchcraft, the basics."

"She does deserve it. Hurting our Alpha like that, it's just unacceptable."

"I can't believe we almost ended up recognizing her as our Luna," the first one commented. "What fools we were."

They cackled quietly before moving on, patrolling a new part of their land to make sure the witches had kept out. I froze suddenly. 

Why hadn't they smelled me? I no longer had the wolf smell and instead just reeked of magic. 

No, no it couldn't be....

I had masked my scent out of fear. I hadn't wanted to be caught by the wolves. But now the witches were alerted that someone used magic on the wolves property. 

I was going to be caught and in big trouble.

I knew that my time was limited, but instead of giving up, I did the only other option that I had. 

I grabbed my sledgehammer, readjusted my hood, and ran towards my Aunt's dilapidated house. 

Witches and wolves - come fight me!

...

Hey guys!

I'm here! Don't worry - I will continue to update!

There are 31 chapters left, and my goal is to knock out a few of them over this weekend.

Just hang in there guys - the story will get better and head back to a bright and happy story!

Although, it gets a little darker first, that's okay!

Anyway, get ready for more chapters coming up!

After this book I am going to take a slight break on posting new books for a while and write out some books and edit them before publishing them on here.

So.. how do you like the story so far?

Do you want anything specific to happen?

I'll update soon!

Don't forget to

READ. COMMENT. VOTE!

-hexodus