Prologue - PREVIEW!!

A M Y ' S P O V :

"That won't save her from being taken," Martha smiled sadly. "Because they are already here."

My blood ran cold upon hearing those words. What did Martha mean by they were here? She couldn't actually mean...

Jason growled. I knew that neither he nor Ethan, his wolf, were too terribly happy that someone had come on their territory to take their mate. Especially not after they finally found me after so much searching.

"She's not going anywhere," Jason seethed, hiding me behind his back protectively.

"Jason, I'm not going to willingly leave you. But if I do, promise you'll look over the pack. Right now I'm a danger to everyone as well as myself."

He searched my eyes to verify I was telling him the truth before breathing in relief. It calmed him to know I would never intentionally leave him.

"I'm not going to let you go that easily," he growled, pulling me into his chest. I smiled at his possessiveness as I leaned into him. Rachel and I were thankful we were finally able to comfortably sit in our mate's embrace for once, without looking over our shoulder for any incoming danger.

"Jason, I'm going to stay with you as long as I can. But if the witches come and I really have to go, I might have to leave with them."

His eyes turned dark as a feral growl left his lips. "You are not leaving me!"

A sad smile tugged at my lips. "Jason, I would never leave you. But I also don't want to pose as a danger to you or your pack. Promise me you'll let me go if that's the only option."

He growled loudly, anger sweeping across his features. "That will never be the only choice, I will always make sure of that!"

I knew I had finally found where I belonged. Yeah, my life may be in shambles, and maybe I've been on the run for a while, but I finally found my mate, and he officially accepted me. I knew that the witch aspect of everything would just be another obstacle we would have to overcome - together.

I hugged him, pulling him tight to me. "I know, don't worry. I'm yours, and I always will be."

Just when I thought things were crazy enough, however, life decided to throw me in for a loop. Suddenly, Martha's eyes flashed red and she stood up with an emotionless look on her face.

"Hand over the hybrid or suffer the consequences."

Jason pulled me behind him possessively as his warriors took position. "Never."

"We will come in exactly one hour. If you don't hand her over, the consequences will be faced." Martha then shot me an apologetic look as her eyes returned to their normal color and she fell to the ground, limp.

The witches, they had possessed her to send us her message! Jason, however, blinded by his anger, didn't realize that. "Get that witch out of here now! She is going to take your Luna away from us all!"

I immediately pulled on Jason's arm. "Jason, no! Don't! The witches did that to her, that wasn't her speaking, it was them!" I then ran forward to see Martha, to make sure she was okay. She was my aunt, the one that had been there with me through my journey in this pack, nothing bad could happen to her!

I listened closely for her heart beat, which after a few minutes of frantic searching, I finally found.

THUMP.

THUMP.

THUMP.

Then nothing. Dead silence.

...

Hey guys - it's been a while!

I am still releasing the story in the fall, but I just wanted to give you a sneak peak - hopefully you enjoyed!

If you want to read another story of mine in the meantime while I work on this one, check out a few of my other stories-

* Rescue by the Rogue - ON HOLD

* Chasing Mr. Billionaire's Son - Now Dangerously Exposed

Oh, and don't worry - I''ll make the story worth the waiting!

Don't forget to

READ. COMMENT. VOTE!

-hexodus