25. Silver

AMY'S POV:

The Witch Council had made it to the scene just a little too late. While they diverted Moros attention, I slipped out of his grasp, slipping into the trees. I knew that I couldn't just leave Kelly behind, not with Moros having tried to kill her. I pulled her onto my back. The extra weight was starting to weigh me down, but I wasn't being followed.

Yet.

I darted through the trees, a few yells of exasperation coming from the witches who were desperately trying to catch up, to get me. The wolves stood their ground, though, letting the Council know that one wrong step and a war would commence.

I knew that there was one place I actually had a chance at going - Martha's House. I knew that the wolves were going to check here first, but I needed to get there, to find some way that I could get out. 

I brushed away the tears as I drew closer to the property at the thought of Oscar. He had given his life to protect me. My breathing was constricted by the sobs that started to rack my body, no matter how much I tried to suppress them. 

HIs plan was to get me over unnoticed. Well, I had gotten over, I was just definitely noticed. Continuing with my fast pace, I rounded the bend and froze. 

How was I going to cast any spells if they didn't work on pack territory, as Moros had said? I shook my head. They had to work here. This wasn't just any house - it was a witch's home on pack territory.

Running up the dilapidated porch and throwing open the front door, I made it to the basement as quickly as I could, taking two steps at a time. What I saw at the bottom, though, made me freeze in my place.

There stood Evelyn, pacing the room as she tried to put together concoctions. She was mumbling under her breath, moving skillfully as she did so, referencing back to the Spellbooks. 

At the sound of my arrival, she spun around, eyes wide. "Jason, I'm so-" Evelyn did a double take, blinking rapidly. "A, what are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be with the witches...and your face?! Is that Kelly?!"

I guessed that the claw marks hadn't quite healed completely yet. I set Kelly down on the ground, praying that she'd regain conciousness soon. "Yes, I am," I grounded out, my memory flashing back to the memory of the pain that had almost torn me apart when she mated with him. "So, was it worth it?" I asked cooly, putting a mask on my face so that she couldn't see my emotions.

"A, what are you talking about? Just tell me what you're doing-"

"Was mating with Jason to get the Luna role worth it?"

She blinked, dumbfounded. Either she was completely shocked that I had known about her affair with my mate (well, my ex-mate) or had absolutely no idea what I was talking about.

"I don't know-"

"I felt the pain," I seethed, interrupting her. Honestly, I shouldn't have been so angry, he wasn't even mine anymore. "I know that he had to have mated with someone. It was you, wasn't it?"

"A," her eyes filled with tears. "A, I know that we had a rough beginning, but by now you should understand that I'd never do that to you. Never in my life. I haven't mated with Jason- I can guarantee you that no one has. I think that pain might have been, his pain. He hasn't been the same, not since you left him."

I pursed my lips, not sure whether I should believe her or not. The wolves would be coming any minute, though, so there wasn't time to spare.

"We'll discuss this later. For now, we need to barricade this house before any of the wolves break in and take us hostage. I'm guessing you don't have permission to be here..?"

Evelyn looked down at her feet. "Jason banned us from going to a place of witchcraft - any, for that matter."

"This is going to be the first place that they'll check, though," I commented, running around the room, trying to find something that would be useful as a weapon. "We can't take on all of the wolves at once, though. Not when I don't have my wolf and can't use my magic out here."

What would deter the wolves? The odds weren't in our favor, and... 

My thoughts trailed off as I saw a small door in the far right corner of the room. It was behind a large bookcase, well hidden. I knew that hiding might give us a few more minutes, but trained trackers would be able to sniff us out in no time.

Running to that part of the room, I gestured to Evelyn to help, and without asking any questions, she helped me move the bookcase, leaving behind the door, which was already unlocked. There wasn't enough room to hide inside, but there was one thing that it was abundant of.

Silver. A werewolf's worst enemy.

...

"So you really think that this could work?" Evelyn asked, flipping through spellbooks frantically as I tried to recall the spells I had been learning at the Witch school. "It won't harm me, right?"

"It shouldn't," I said, willing myself to recall the spells. "We're looking for a simple projection spell. This will cause whatever object we cast it on to surround us, and if we try harder, the building. We won't be affected by it, but any wolves nearby sure as hell will."

Evelyn gulped, running her hands through the pages, trying to find the right one. Then, she gasped. "Is this it?" She asked, holding up the book. 

I didn't even wait for her to respond, knowing that the wolves were going to be upon us any second. 

___

Projection Spell

This spell-

___

BANG!  

I looked away from the spell sheet quickly, knowing that those werewolves getting close, and already breaking in. 

Chanting what was on the paper, all while adding in a little bit of what I had from memory, I made a projection spell that surrounded the house with the object of my choice- silver.

No, it wasn't physically there, but it was more of in a force field that surrounded the property, one that was impenetrable by wolves. 

Freezing after it was cast, I listened for sounds. The "bang" sound continued slowly like someone was trying to break down the front door. That was when we heard it, though. The cries of the wolves as their bodies were exposed to the fatal poison, sending them into a world of hurt. Those unlucky enough to be in the direct line of fire were at the biggest risk.

I looked at Evelyn. She looked as relieved as I was. 

"That bought us some time, but it won't hold forever. If we're ever going to get out of here alive, we need to find a spell that can save this whole situation."

...

Hey guys!

Two updates in one day!

Let me know your thoughts!

Don't forget to 

READ. COMMENT. VOTE!

-hexodus :P