12. Been Warned

AMY'S POV:

After the incident, I remained in my room most of the time. I couldn't really bring myself to do anything - not that I had anything to really do in the first place.

I just felt numb. After hearing the plan that Evelyn and Jason had planned behind my back made me feel sick. I don't know why, but I just couldn't bring myself to accept it. I mean, yes, I had been enemies with Evelyn at one point, but I had at least thought that we had put it past us. 

Brandon and Violet had tried to come up and talk to me, or get me to come down. I didn't move, though, only staring blankly at the wall.

What was I supposed to do now? Without a mate or wolf, I was in one of the worst places I could be. Usually, when one loses a mate, they are able to console their wolf. Or, when one loses their wolf, they seek comfort in their mate. Unfortunately for me, I had none. I had no one to console in - no one that really knew what I was going through, anyway.

I knew that I could have gone downstairs and spent some time with Brandon and Violet, but they were only concerned about reintroducing me into their society and putting me in a place of power again. But I wasn't capable of doing that, not when I was so shaken up. Not when I was so fallen apart. 

Suddenly, a knock came at the door. My attention immediately was on Brandon when he entered the room, closing the door slowly behind him. "Hey, A."

I sat up by the headboard of my bed, dressed in a tank top and athletic leggings. He sat at the foot of the bed, looking down at the letter in his hands before peering back up at me.

"A," he sighed, "I know you've lost a lot in such a short period of time, but you need to come down at some point. You can't hide up here forever."

I rubbed my temples. "Please, just let me stay up here, Brandon," I pleaded. "I don't want to go out."

"A, you can't hold yourself up here forever-"

"I can and I will," I snapped, leaning back against the headboard. 

"Okay, okay," Brandon said, throwing his hands up in surrender. "Stay up here for now, but promise me you'll make it downstairs sometime today. In the meantime, I have a letter addressed to you."

"Who sent a letter to me?" I questioned, leaning forward to examine the manilla envelope. 

"I don't know, but I'll let you read it in peace. Come down at 1 o'clock for lunch."

And with that, Brandon left the room. 

Not wasting a second, I read the outside of the envelope to find that it was addressed to me in a messy scrawl. Tearing it open, I found a single sheet of paper with the same handwriting that was on the front.

I quickly skimmed the writing.

...

Dear Amy Barlow -

We are coming for you.

You think you can run, you think you can hide. Don't underestimate our pack - we will get what we deserve. 

You already took us down once. You tore down everything we had that was helping us move forward. 

You tried to take away our Alpha, to brainwash our members. 

You will rule no longer in the Silver Crescent Pack. You will suffer for your crimes. 

Don't think that you're so safe from us yet.

-Moros

...

I blinked in confusion, pulling my eyes away from the letter. Was the pack still coming for me? But if Jason was on limitations, and this letter wasn't from him... 

...Then who sent this?

I reread it, finding no clues that could help me. 

Did I really underestimate their pack and predict that nothing would happen? Think that I was safe staying with the witches?

I bit my lip. What was I going to do? And who was this new person in the picture that wanted revenge? What had I ever done to them?

Undeciceve on what to do, I leaned back, my eyes pinched closed. I had to think. Who did this?

Were they a friend of Jason? Was that why they were sending letters.

Before I could figure it out, I fell into a restless sleep.

...

It had been three days since the first letter had arrived. Now, I held all five that had been sent in my hands. 

They all held a similar message - someone from Jason's pack was coming after me for revenge. Who Moros was, I wasn't sure yet. I was hell-bent on finding out, though.

In the meantime, while I tried to figure out what to do, or if I should even mention it to anyone, I paced in my room pondering. I couldn't help but feel like a sitting duck. 

Without Rachel, my wolf, and being only half-witch, I was at even more of a disadvantage. 

I bit my lip, and walked towards my window. I could feel someone's eyes on me, but, looking into the treeline, I couldn't tell who. 

I banged my head against the window, before sitting down. 

This was going to be harder than I thought.

...

Hey guys!

Who do you think Moros is?

I promise I'll update soon!

-hexodus :)