14. The Monster Inside

I hope you guys really enjoy this chapter - it focuses on Jason!

...

JASON'S POV:

"Alpha, we've heard nothing from the witches," one of the guards said, shaking just in the presence of me. 

"They think they can lock me up in here. They think they can keep our pack contained, on limitations," I snarled. "Let's watch them try," I smirked.

The guard nodded, before scurrying out of the room.

I sighed, resting my head in my hands. This wasn't easy. It had never been easy.

If only my mate had stayed. If only those witches... 

I held my breath. No, I couldn't say that.

Right now, if it had been under different circumstances, I would've looked to my wolf to guide me. I couldn't, though - it was no longer an option. 

Ethan was chained in the back of my mind, held down by the burdens I was carrying. He wasn't escaping anytime soon. He didn't attempt to, either. He just sat that there, silent and pensive; held down by unbreakable chains.

Chains that I had created. 

Chains that I didn't even know if I could release. 

Nothing had been the same since Amy left. Nothing had been the same since the witches came. I wasn't myself, the pack wasn't themselves - nothing was right. It was all because of them.

My lips pulled back in a snarl. 

The witches had now put me under limitations. As if that would stop me. I would go and slaughter every one of them if I could, but it wasn't the right time. If I was going to do it, I had to do it once. No "waiting and retrying again" business. 

"Alpha," Caleb said, coming into the room. He was slightly out of breath and his hair was disheveled. "A fight has broken out because of the limitations between some of the wolves. What do you suggest we do?"

Talk to them, I wanted to say. Bring them in here, we'll come to an agreement. That's probably similar to what my father would've wanted as well. Well, before he left the pack, at least. The coward had fled the minute there was news of witches. He left me to be the Alpha, with no guidance at all, and mateless.

I willed my lips to open, for my tongue to pronounciate the words, but it remained zipped shut. Instead, my lips pulled back into a nasty grin against my will.

"They want to fight, to argue?" My voice rumbled a laugh against my will. I could feel my strength lessen as I slowly lost control. "Kill them - all of them. We are going to break out of here, but anyone who can't agree on that shouldn't live."

"Alpha, if I may," Caleb said, scratching the back of his neck uncertainly. "There are children out there. You don't mean-"

"I said all of them!" The voice inside of me roared, sending Caleb out of the room to follow his orders.  

I sat there, stiff as a board, praying for my strength and control to return once more, so I wasn't a caged animal. 

A tear slipped out of my eye. Alpha's were never supposed to cry. But I wasn't a true Alpha. I couldn't even protect my people from the monster inside of me.

I remember when I attacked Amy in the cellar. The memories always come crashing through my mind - day or night, stabbing me in the heart over and over again. That wasn't me - I would never hurt her. But he would. 

The minute he found out I had a mate, the monster inside of me hated her and wanted to end her. He saw her as nothing but a weakness that wasn't even fighting for our cause. I knew that I had to stay away from everyone important to me, unless... I gulped. I didn't even want to think about what he would do to them if he got the chance.

Unlike Ethan, I couldn't communicate with the monster. With a mind of his own, he blatantly ignored me and took control whenever he felt necessary. Despite my efforts to remain the stronger one in my body, I was nothing but a host for this filthy parasite that was hell-bent on ruining my life.

Finally, after hours of being in the monster's control, making cruel orders and terrorizing the pack, I finally regained control, breathing heavy. No one knew that he was inside of me. Every time I tried to speak the truth, he would just relinquish control, and I would only be able to sit there and watch.

I gritted my teeth, glancing at my watch, it was already late at night.

The minute I reached my bedroom, however, I fell to the floor, hunched over in indescribable pain. I bit my lip to contain my screams and felt blood running down my chin from the punctured skin.

The monster liked to do this every now and again, just to torture me, to show me who is really in control. At first, I thought it was Amy sleeping with someone else, but then I realized that wasn't the case. I didn't get an apology from her wolf, or the tell-tale signs. Just immense pain.

Yes, I despised her, even though I'd never dream of hurting her. I could've gotten rid of the monster, been a good Alpha, and overthrown the witches. All of that was gone, though, because of her.

It had started out with her saying that she was going to train to keep the peace and so that she was less of a danger. That "training" turned into months apart. Then, it turned into her forgetting her werewolf side - me, the pack, her family - and trading it all over for a higher rank amongst the witches. 

Then she came back, expecting everything to be fine, to regulate and watch over my pack as a witch.

She had thought wrong.

And by then, I was growing less and less myself the monster inside of me flourishing. 

Now she was trying to sneak into my pack, make plans with pack members, and ended up putting me on limitations. Who does she think she is? Did she not recognize me as her mate?

Slowly, the pain drifted away, leaving me with aching joints and a throbbing lower lip. I closed my eyes and tried to get some sleep before the pains came back again to torture me more.

But who was I kidding? I never got any sleep - not with the monster brewing inside of me.

...

Hey guys!

I hope you enjoyed seeing everything from a new perspective!

So, how do you feel now that you know Jason's side of the story? Change any opinions?

I will try to update as frequently as I can, but as of right now, I am SUPER busy!

Stay tuned for more updates!

Don't forget to

READ. COMMENT. VOTE!

-hexodus :A