18. As Easy as Blending In

AMY'S POV:

I woke up the next morning feeling sick. I had honestly been expecting worse from the famous "Witch Council". I was expecting more of a barbaric group of sadistic witches. Now I understand why the werewolves hate them so much...they were just jerks.

Suddenly, the door to my room burst open. Violet stormed in, Brandon following close behind. I sat up in my bed, blinking away my sleepiness and trying to suppress a yawn. 

"We talked with the Witch Council."

I rolled my eyes at her words. Honestly, the ruling wasn't all that bad - especially after the fact that I could work around what they had said. Why she had wasted ger time even talking with  them was beyond me.

"And...?" I asked softly, noticing that multiple witches were walking into my room, casting spells around. "What the hell?!" I yelled at them, but they continued and ignored me like they weren't in my room and I wasn't here.

"They want to ensure that you don't against what they said, therefore, they're putting you on house arrest."

"Which includes spells being cast all over my room?" I asked, not taking my eyes off the witch who currently cast a spell that made ten different locks appear on the outside of my door.

"Either you stay in your room for the next few months until they decide you can be at least slightly trusted, or you attend the Witch Academy here in town, being under house arrest for the rest of the time, and staying away from any business that connects you to your past."

Of course. The Witch Council couldn't let it go that I wanted to be a wolf more than I did a witch. Why that made them so mad, though, I'd never know.      

"So I pretty much have to redo high school?" I questioned.

"No, the Witch Academy goes until you are twenty-five. Some of us only attended two years - think of it as a college, just the age you can start is a lot lower."

"And if I don't want to go...?" 

Violet's face suddenly resembled a stone slab. "You stay in this house. Trust me, it's not the Witch Council you should be scared of, but the people that follow their orders if you mess up."

A shiver went down my spine. "So I guess I really don't have a choice, then?"

"No, you really don't."

"So everybody here is doing what exactly?"

"Making this room completely secure so you will never be able to sneak out again."

"Shit," I mumbled under my breath. This was going to be a lot harder than I had originally thought.

...

For this new school, I had to wear a navy blue shirt and kaki pants that made me want to barf. I was never really someone for uniforms, but I guess it would help me blend in better.

I had constructed a new plan on the entire drive here, and I was crossing my fingers that it would work.

I was going to follow all their rules for the next while until this whole ordeal blew over and I was flying under their radar. Then I could just slip out. Even if they did come after me, I'd have more time to get away than if I had gotten caught. I just didn't know if I could last that long without Rachel.

Violet dropped me off at the front, giving me a fake smile and reminding me that I was being watched the entire time before driving off.

I got out and headed to the front, where there was a group of boys (a couple of years older than me, from the looks of it) coated in tattoos and smoking. "Well, well, well, if it isn't our old buddy A. We thought you got out of this hellhole the first time around."

I put my head down and tried to keep walking. I felt a strong grip suddenly appeared on my shoulder. "Do you really think you can walk away that easily?"

I tried brushing him off but it wasn't working.

"Oscar, bud, leave the girl alone," one of his buddies said, taking a long drag from his cigarette.

I turned and shoved him back, his face going to shock.

"Stay away from me," I said lowly, before heading inside the building.

From behind me, I could hear all the boys breaking into laughter. "There's the A we missed!" Oscar's voice boomed from behind me.

Only one question ran through my head.

Had I been here before?

...

After retrieving my schedule from the front office, I made it through the first half of the day completely undisturbed. Well, besides the fact that Oscar and his friends tried to annoy me in the hallway constantly.

Damn, I wish I still had my memories. If I did, then I would know exactly who Oscar was and if I had ever been to this school.

My first few classes were basic math and English, but then it turned into spells, potion naming, etc. The last two classes I had were on witch history, and potion making.

So far, other than Oscar, I hadn't really spoken to anyone. This day kept bringing me back to the memory of the day that I first met Jason, Charlotte, and was running from the world.

I sighed. If only things could've been the way they were before I lost all my memories, when everything was looking up.

...

Hey guys!

Another update!

I should be updating every other day, if not every day! I am going to try to finish this book fairly soon, so stay tuned!

What do you guys think of Oscar?

Any predictions as to what might happen next?

Don't forget to

READ. COMMENT. VOTE!

-hexodus