16. Caught out of Place

AMY'S POV:

Witches and wolves - come fight me!

The thought echoed through my head as I charged forward into Martha's House. 

From afar, I probably looked like a crazy person. My hair was tangled, eyes were wide, and of course, I was gripping a sledgehammer. Classy.

I quickly made my way down to the basement before turning the lights on through the fuse box. 

This time, I didn't go through the tunnel and trapdoor, but went straight to the spellbooks, reading their spines. I opened the oldest looking one, coughing when a cloud of dust blew in my face, momentarily blinding me.

Reading them, I could tell that it was written in extremely old English, and some of it was in a language I had never seen before. Being a witch, though, I could easily decode it.

The first spell or "potion" read as follows:

Interficio Potion - "Kill an Enemy"

Purpose: Trick your enemy into drinking this potion and successfully kill them. *Only for experienced witches*

WARNING - Effects of this potion are irreversible. 

Ingredients:

-4 frog legs

-2 pink turnips 

-5 hybrid tears

-1 pickled eye

-12 boiled duck heads

Instructions: Combine all into a cauldron on a low simmer until the duck heads turn golden brown. Take one ladle of the soup and put it into a flask and set it in front of a full moon. Dispose of the excess and wait for the amount in the flask to turn black before serving.

My nose scrunched up in disgust. What kind of spells were these? Where was I supposed to get a pickled eye or boiled duck heads...?

I internally facepalmed. That was all that filled the bottles in my Aunt's potion making station. Of course, I had access to them all.

I carefully leafed through the book, trying to find something useful to my situation. 

Murder Spell

Kill your Friend Toxin

Back Stabbing Potion

Why were all the spells about murder? I flipped back to the cover and wiped away the dust with my sleeve. There was a skull and crossbones on the front. Okay, so maybe this wasn't the one I had been looking for. I set it back on the shelf and grabbed the next one, starting the whole process again. 

...

I had gone through about half of the spell books just on the first bookshelf. So far, I had torn out ten different spells and potions that I thought could possibly aid me. None of them would bring back Rachel, though.

I sighed.

Suddenly, I came across a spell book that had all sorts of spells and potions that could be used for resurrecting people. I started flipping through the pages more frantically, knowing the spell I needed was here somewhere. 

At the spot where the spell to bring back Rachel should have been, was a ripped out page. Only part of the title was left.

"Resurrecting Wolf-"

The rest was cut off and I just wanted to cry out. Seriously? Who had taken the spell...?

Had it been Evelyn? She had been taking spells to try to destroy the witches. I flipped through it a little more. One spell caught my eye, but I immediately wrote it off as impossible. I stuffed into my pocket anyway. 

Time Travelling Spell

There was only one problem with this spell. The main ingredient was:

The soul of an ancient wolf

How was I supposed to find one of those? 

I was actually kind of shocked that I had gone this long without anyone discovering where I was.

Suddenly, I heard footsteps upstairs. Putting the spellbook away, I grabbed my sledgehammer. I hadn't been joking about being ready to fight someone. 

The footsteps didn't cease, and instead, continued on down the stairs and into the basement with me.

"Well, well, well." Violet stood in front of me, a disapproving look on her face. "I had to get permission from Alpha Jason to come into here. He is on the edge as it is. You're really pushing it, A."

I set down the sledgehammer, noticing her weird glances at it. I wasn't going to use it on her, not when I didn't have my wolf or a solid spell to back myself up.

"Why didn't you come after me earlier? Did you seriously leave the window unguarded for me to just leave again?" I asked incredulously. 

"No, we knew where you were. But Brandon and I trusted you. We thought you wouldn't go back and would know what was good for you. Look's like we were wrong," Violet sneered, gripping the flesh on my upper arm tightly, her manicured nails digging in. I watched as my tattoos flashed slightly in the light. I still couldn't believe that I had gone out and gotten those.

"Where are you taking me? Back to my bedroom to sit and think about my bad behavior?" I snapped sarcastically. Violet was walking on thin ice with my temper.

"No, you're going to the Witch Council. They'll decide what to do with you since you broke one of their laws."

Great. As if my life couldn't get any better.

...

Hey guys!

As promised, ANOTHER CHAPTER!

What do you think is going to happen next?

Don't forget to

READ. COMMENT. VOTE!

-hexodus :)