Interviews & Independence

Natalie was standing at her door with a no-nonsense expression on her face as Florence pulled up into the driveway, the whole way there she had been mentally slapping herself over how she had handled Cole

Natalie was standing at her door with a no-nonsense expression on her face as Florence pulled up into the driveway, the whole way there she had been mentally slapping herself over how she had handled Cole. She should have known he was a ticking bomb just waiting to explode, its how she had been before, she shouldn't have been too insensitive.

She hadn't been able to stomach breakfast that morning and the thought worried her, she hoped that it was simply nausea and the craziness of the night before rather than the more sinister fear that sooner rather than later, the eating habits and small voice at the back of her head would re emerge.

He was now all alone in a flat, she knew that he had his phone and a fridge she had stocked up before he came and a T.V but she still felt uneasy. She should have asked for his number before she had left, she didn't want him having another relapse, it had been scary seeing his inner rage with himself and she didn't want a repeat episode. Florence was used to her own thoughts and how she had wanted to harm herself but she'd never had to deal with seeing her own emotions mirrored with another person's actions.

When Natalie saw her frazzled expression her face softened.

"I knew there would have been a good reason why you didn't reply," she said and pulled out her phone rapidly scrolling through her apps until she came across her calendar.

"Oh, honey! I forgot Cole's prison release was today! I'm so, so sorry! Interviews must be the last thing on your mind right now"

Florence shrugged her apology off, this was how Natalie worked, she was constantly businesslike, but behind her professional facade there was a genuinely warm person, Florence couldn't believe how lucky she was to have an agent with a heart, many in the business were cut-throat.

"It's fine, Nat truly"

Natalie Pearson was the only person who knew the full extent to Florence's story, being her agent Florence had recounted every single detail about her life at Oakwood, she had been searching for agents and Natalie had immediately impressed her with her witty remarks, quick thinking and ability to make almost anything happen, Florence had confessed to her that the boy in the book that everyone believed was fictional, was real. Some may have guessed this fact as usually characters written with such conviction weren't the figment of an authors imagination.

In her book Chase was Peter, and she was Adeline, she had naturally written these names in place of their own. Natalie gave her a one-armed hug and then bent down to pick up two polystyrene Starbucks cups offering her one.

"Vanilla latte with two shots of caramel" she confirmed as Florence looked at her questioningly "I came here to talk business but this really isn't a good time, so for now we'll just be two girls having a chat"