Silence

Silence was what filled their flat over the weekend, Cole didn't have work and Florence didn't feel like venturing outside after yesterday's disaster, she called her Mum in the morning and had a long conversation with her, feeling a pang of guilt ...

Silence was what filled their flat over the weekend, Cole didn't have work and Florence didn't feel like venturing outside after yesterday's disaster, she called her Mum in the morning and had a long conversation with her, feeling a pang of guilt the entire time as she realised she hadn't seen her parents in person for over two weeks.

She vowed to go that evening, the reporters wouldn't come out at that time.

At least she hoped they wouldn't.

Cole stayed locked up in his room with only music filling the hallway but still she could feel the tension in the flat, it was as if a bomb was just waiting to explode.

And the bomb did explode, Florence had decided to start clearing out a few of Chase's things, some old books that she knew would be of no use to anyone but she had become distracted by the folded pages and dusty spines, he had touched these books while he was still alive, did she really have the heart to give them away?

She hadn't realised Cole was behind her until he gave out a derisive snort.

"Thinking about giving away some of my brothers things? Maybe getting some new ones to replace them just like your replacing him"

Wow, that hurt.

She didn't want to cry today.

"I'm not replacing him" she tried to make her voice fierce but there was a tremor present.

"No one could ever replace him in my eyes Cole, Alex is just a friend"

Cole snorted again shaking his head, his arms crossed.

"Right and does Mr Googly Eyes know you consider him a friend too?"

She felt a deep blush creep up her neck, what was his problem?

"Yes he does"

He seemed to be at a loss for words.

"And you didn't have to be so damn rude to him Cole, I'm allowed friends you know, I don't have a problem with you being friends with Charlie and she actually went out with Chase!"

He actually smiled.

"Florence when I told you about Charlie you were practically ready to rip her head off, at least I wasn't threatening violence against this Alex"

He curled up his nose when he said Alex's name, like it was a swear word he didn't like to say.

"She's really nice actually, she treated my friend alot nicer than you did"

"Yeah yeah Florence, I just feel defensive on Chase's behalf, like he's not here to make sure your okay anymore, I just saw that Alex and I snapped, you two were so great together and it seemed like you were replacing him too quickly, we didn't get on near the end, but we were always really close before me and him..."