A Day To Remember

Florence released the curling tongs from her hair watching the perfect strand and smiling in the mirror, she was giddy with excitement absolutely giddy, she was living her life and being normal again, and Alex had born so nice, being in his compan...

Florence released the curling tongs from her hair watching the perfect strand and smiling in the mirror, she was giddy with excitement absolutely giddy, she was living her life and being normal again, and Alex had born so nice, being in his company made her feel confident and strong.

She hovered at the door, her eyes fixated on the clock above the door, when the clock ticked around to 12 she immediately heard a knock on the door, wow he was actually on time.

She opened the door and her eyes immediately went to his, those intriguing eyes.

"Hey Florence" he said, a smile ready.

"Hi" she smiled back, nervously not knowing what to expect at all.

The clock ticking round was the only noise in the room until he cleared his throat.

"We should probably get going"

It was strange that strangers could find something to talk about, but the two of them actually managed to keep the conversation going until he suddenly stopped in front of a green painted door.

She froze.

In loopy lettering the shop's name was engraved.

Deirdre's.

Oh God no, anywhere but here.

But Alex was already pushing on the door, shooting her an inquisitive look

"Are you okay, is there a problem?"

She didn't want there to be a problem, she was the new Florence, the happy one who wouldn't let something as dumb as a waitress in a cafe put her off. 

She wanted Alex to see that, that she wasn't strange and he definitely wasn't wasting his time with a crazy girl.

She wasn't crazy.

"Sure" she said, lying through her teeth "It's all good"

And she entered the threshold into Deirdre's like she was entering the very depths of hell.

The very first thing she saw was Cole, Cole and a positively radiant, bubbly red-head in what seemed to be deep conversation.

The red-headed girl turned around and Florence immediately knew that this girl was Charlie, because how couldn't this girl be Charlie?

She belonged on a runaway, the epitome of stunning with long straight red hair that definitely didn't look dyed and the most amazing green eyes, literally two emerald jewels set into her pale as could be skin.

Florence hated her even more now.

"Can I help you?" Charlie smiled and sashayed over to them, literally sashayed.

She wanted to rip every single strand of hair out of her perfect skull.

Cole too had turned around and seemed to be suffering from temporary shock, Alex just looked slightly bemused at the strange atmosphere in the room.