Unexpected Visitors

Florence didn't know what to wear for an interview

Especially and interview in her own home, she had rung Natalie around a hundred times, but her agent hadn't picked up which was unusual for her, efficient and glued to her phone, that just about summed Natalie up.

So she did the only other thing she could, she dialled Cooper's number, as she heard the familiar ringing tone she realised that she needed to stop being so reliant on everyone else around her, she needed to stop overthinking and melting when things didn't go exactly as planned.

"Hello!" said Cooper, far too chirpy for six in the morning

"Hey Cooper" she replied "I have a slight problem"

"Yes?"

"What do I wear for an interview?"

Florence trailed her fingers along the soft fabrics of the clothes hung up in her wardrobe, she didn't want to come across as too relaxed or too uptight, this was such a big deal!

"Um..." 

For once her friend seemed utterly lost for words.

"It's in your house right, so don't go too dressy, just throw on any old jumper and pair of jeans"

"Hmmm" Florence mumbled as she wondered why she hadn't thought of this before.

"Listen Flo, you'll be great, your trying to spread a message not showcase runway fashion!" 

"Yeah..."

"Well I have to go now, I'm proud of you babes, you'll be great!"

Was it just her imagination or did Cooper seem rather eager to leave?

"Okay bye Coops, love you"

But Cooper had already hung up, all she heard was the dialling tone and she felt betrayed without quite knowing why, it seemed like all her friends had abandoned her when she needed them...

In the end she settled for a pink jumper with her blue jeans, as Cooper had said, relaxed and comfortable.

Cole stuck his head around her door as she was putting her hair up into a bun that was epically failing.

"Um"

Things had been awkward between them ever since their less than happy end to the conversation.

He was dressed in a black top with the Deirdre's logo emblazoned over the top pocket, he was clearly still going to work... with this Charlie girl.

"I'll be back about 4" he said taking care not to look her in the eye.

She wasn't his Mother, he didn't have to tell her.

Or maybe she was just in a crap mood with him.

"Ok" she replied and he left quietly shutting the door.

The interview was due to begin at 9am and at 9.16 she was pacing the corridor nervously, had it all been some kind of joke at her expense?