Awake

"Three questions," said Chase smiling and she smiled back, were they really going to do this?

"Number one, how is it possible for someone to burn a cake made from a box, it has instructions on the back Florence!" 

"I fell asleep" she giggled

"Number two, how is it possible to fall asleep at midday!" he gestured to the window where bright summer sunlight poured in.

"You know me" she replied "I can sleep anywhere at any time it's a talent of mine"

He raised an eyebrow "Well baking certainly isn't"

Florence felt overwhelmingly sad, sadness flooded through her entire body and she couldn't quite place her finger on the cause of this sudden wave of complete agony and grief.

She reached forward and stroked Chase's hair trailing her finger down his face trying to memorise each and every freckle though she knew she would soon be seeing this face, just not as him.

"What's wrong?" he asked 

"Your not real" she replied drawing her hand away 

"I love you"

And then she was tumbling down, down, down like Alice falling down the rabbit hole and waking up in a bizarre world where nothing made sense.

Florence woke up drenched in sweat and already crying, she heard a knock on the door.

"Come in" she croaked

Cole's hair was swept to one side and he looked like he hadn't slept all night, she was surprised she had been able to sleep herself in this flat that seemed to haunt her.

"You were screaming," said Cole, shifting awkwardly with half his face visible through the door.

"I had a nightmare, they happen, I'm fine Cole" she looked outside to the darkened window lit only by the dim streetlamp.

"You were shouting like you were in danger," he whispered after a pause.

Florence reached for the tissue box beside her

"Yeah I was, my dream was about him, it was a good dream at first while I didn't remember, and it turned into a nightmare when I remembered and now its a living nightmare because he's still not here"

He still wasn't there, Chase was still gone, she was still stuck in his flat for a week with his seemingly bipolar brother.