Chapter 5

After the green haired girl had called Donatello, he and his brothers had decided that they were going. "What if this is another one of her tricks?" Raph had asked.

The purple masked turtle had replied with, "She sounded scared and honetly worried."

"Fine," they had concluded, and gone on their way to Peridot's house.

Leo took his scientist for a brother off to the side to speak with him. "If she betrays us one mord time, we're done with her."

Donnie nodded in simply reply, then began to track her phone signal to follow it. They arrived shortly, looking down the building from up above. "This is it?" Mikey asked.

"Yea, the top stair platform," Donnie said glancing at his T-phone before jumping down silently. He tapped on the glass of the window beside the door. "Peridot?"

She opened the door. "Donnie! Thank goodness you're here!" She exclaimed. "Come on in," she said, stepping back as Donnie's brothers followed them in. "She should be here by now, but she could be in trouble."

"Where does she usually go?" Donnie inquired.

"After the mugging, she never went anywhere," Peri replied.

"Okay, we'll search the city, then Shredder's. You should come with us because it might not be safe if she was taken here," he told her.

"But I don't know how to fight," she pointed out.

"I'll show you the basics before we go. The guys can go ahead, we'll catch up," he cast a glance at his brothers before they went back out.

Once they left, Donnie turned to her with a serious face. "Before we start, I have a question. Why do you act differently now than before?"

"My mother is a good person, and I don't want anything to happen to her because of me. So, the faster we get over with this, the faster we can save her," she retorted.

"Yea," he agreed, looking down.

She reached for his hand, but took it back. "Look Don, you're a great guy, but Shredder is set on having my head. The less we know about each other is for the best," she said. "Let's get started."

Leo, Raph, and Mikey were already searching for Peridot's mother. "Leo, do you think this is another trap?" Mikey asked as they leaped from roof to roof.

"I don't know what to think of her anymore," the leader replied. "It might be true, but it could also be layers of traps. She might have given us the distraction of finding her mother so the Foot can attack us. But who knows."

"Well I think that she can't be trusted no matter what excuse she throws at us," Raph interjected. "We all obviously pretend to act like everything is okay with her when Donnie's around, but we all think oppisite when he's not."

"Yea," Mikey agreed. "Sure, she's a nice friend, but can we really trust her after the stuff she's pulled. And it wasn't pranks, or I would have been in on them," he smiled.

"Settle down, Donnie is calling," Leo said, pulling out his T-phone to answer it.

"We're on our way," Donnie said on the other end of the phone.

"That was quick," the blue masked turtle stated.

"She's a natural," Donnie said. "Where are you guys now? Did you find her?"

"No. We're in China Town, we'll wait here for you," Leo said.

"Okay, see you then," Donnie hung up.

When they arrived, Peridot was trying to catch her breath from the run there. Leo looked towards his tallest brother with blue eyes. "We haven't checked Shredder's lair yet, that's the only placd we haven't been."

"Of course Shredder took her," Peri groaned.

They headed to Shredder's lair as quickly as they could. Raph and Leo shared a dismayed expression when they had to stop once or twice because Peridot couldn't keep up. When they finally did get there, they hopped in silently. "Donnie and Raph, go down to the dungeon to see if she's there. Mikey, Peri, and I will stay here and listen for anything," Leo ordered.

The red and purple masked turtles nodded and snuck down into the floor level that had the dungeon. They looked into each cell, looking for someone who might be Peri's mother. "Is someone there?" A voice asked quietly. Donnie peered into that cell, only to be screamed at. "You freak! Stay away from me and my family!"

He narrowed his spicy  brown eyes at her. "Do you know a girl named Peridot?"

"How do you know her name? How do you know my daughter's name?" The woman with brown hair spat from within the cell.

"Miss, we saved her from the Shredder himself. If you want to see her again, you have to work with us. Peri's waiting on the roof, expecting you to return, so come with us," Donnie replied.

"Why should I trust you? You could be working for Shredder or the Purple Dragons, no one in this city can be trusted," she rasped.

"Do you want to be killed by the Shredder?!" He whisper-yelled.

"Well of course not," Peridot's mother stated.

"Then cooperate with us!" Donnie said, getting out his lock pick.

"Fine," she walked to the bars that separated them, and looked up at him with brown eyes. "What do I have to do?"

"All you have to do is work with us and be quiet. My name is Donatello, and my red clad brother is Raphael," he replied.

"So, how do you know Peri?" She asked, pulling the door open when he unlocked it.

"My brothers and I saved her from being captured by Shredder," he replied, leading her over to the doorway where Raph was guarding. "Stop talking, if we get caught, we're all dead."

He nodded to the red masked turtle to lead the way out. Raph shoved them into a wall beside another doorway as the fish mutant Xever walked past without noticing them. They continued, not running into anymore of Shredder's slaves. They went to a roof nearby, greeted by Peridot running to her mom and asking her questions. "Did you snap Donnie's head off?" The green haired girl asked.

"The tall one? Yes," she laughed. "By the way... turtles, my name is Elizabeth."

Thre was the sound of feet landing behind them, causing the turtles to leap into defense. Karai stepped out from behind a statue on the edge of the building. "Karai?" Leo asked in surprise.

"Listen to me, stay away from here. Shredder is making more Foot bots, they're more dangerous than before," she revealed to them.

"I can't do that if he keeps messing with us," Leo said, glancing at Peri, "but I hope we won't have to keep visiting either."

"You have to. Just stay low for a while, the cops are on high watch. They've been busting us lately, and that's rare," she retorted.

"If crime rises, then we have no choice but to fight. We will lay lower for a little bit, but I make no promises," he retorted.

She stepped close to him so he could only here her. "I don't want any of you getting killed. Promise me, promise them that you'll keep them safe."

"I will," Leo promised. "We should be going, we have to drop someone off. You should be too."

"Yea. Your welcome, by the way, I was the guard," she said, turning to leave.

"Thanks, Karai, see you around," the leader in blue said as his team began to go.

He glanced at her one more time before she nodded and went back to Shredder's tower, he then followed his brothers away from Shredder's lair.

~Chapter End~

Thanks for reading! Don't forget to share, comment, and vote! Please check out our other story Brainwashed!!

Please also check out these other stories by us!
TMNT~ Life by @hb_leo
Lost Control by  @k_Borchert

Chapter by H