Chapter 8

The loud shouting echoed through the sewers, multiple footsteps rushing towards the noise. The turtles pulled open the dojo's door open to see a foreseen setting. The two rivals were shouting at one another but were being held back by the two parents in the room.

"Once I get my hands on you, you'll never see daylight again!" The girl shouted, she was red in the face. Her once plump pink bottom lip was busted open, a dark bruise was on her right cheekbone threatening to her eye. Her eyes were burning with pure rage, glaring icy daggers at her enemy, her mascara was slightly smudged, her eyes were slightly red holding back pain felt tears but thankful to her, her shamrock hair was hiding her pain. The lilac clad turtle ran over to help the struggling mother obtain her child from harming the other girl.

"Peridot, calm down!" Donnie yelled ambivalent, unsure if he was justified for yelling at her. Peridot shot a hateful glare at Donnie, making his grip falter. The girl escaped from the hands to tackle the other female opposite of her. Both females yelled as they toppled to the ground, Leo was quick to pull them off of one another.

"Fighting is not necessary!" The admiral clad turtles shouted abrasively, his powerful voice silenced the two females. "How did this start?"

"She just started to attack me!" The sandstone haired girl retorted. Her cheeks were a heavy shade of peach.

"That's a lie!" Peridot snapped aggressively, she hastily pointed her index finger at the girl. "And you know it."

Leo looked at both of the girls before turning to his sensei, "Splinter?" He asked the tall rat of his opinion.

"I'm afraid I did not see it all." He spoke in a blase manner, Leo turned to Peridot's mother who answered honestly,

"As much as I want to side with my daughter, I was in the kitchen when the fight started."

The azure eyed turtle sighed and glanced at the battered girls,

"It doesn't matter what happened, just stop and never let it happen again." He sent stern glares at both of the girls.

"That's not fair!" April wretched, "She attacked me, she was probably going to kill me!"

"Oh please." Peridot rolled her stormy eyes.

"She needs to leave before she kills one of us."

"April," Donnie spoke up feathery, "I think you're overreacting."

April scoffed, "She could have killed me, Donnie. Don't you believe me?" April's voice turned accusatory.

"I-i"

"Unbelievable." April snapped making Donnie flinch lightly. "Pick one of us." She demanded.

"Wh-what?" Donnie glanced around for an escape from the situation only to relize that Leo, Splinter, and Peridot's mother have already left. He quickly looked back at the fuming girl closest to him.

"Choose, Donnie." Her tone acerbic.

"I-i can't." Donnie stressed.

"Well," April turned her nose up at him, "You're gonna have to." She snapped before strutting out of the dojo.

Donnie sighed and looked at the ground, slightly shaking his head. Peridot slowly approached the debating turtle.

"Come on, Donnie. We have work to do." Peridot said detatched. Donnie cletched his fists shaking in rage, his head snaps up to glare at the stotic female,

"How can you be so cold-hearted?" He scowled, "I couldn't choose between the girl who I've had a crush on and been friends with for forever now, and the girl who couldn't care less about me! A girl who can't trust anyone and who betrayed me and my family more than once! I couldn't choose!"