Chapter 15

Elizabeth decided to speak with her daughter's closest friend while she was out training, and the turtles had gone on patrol. "Donatello," Peridot's mother got the turtle's attention as she entered the lab, "I have something to confess. It's about Peri, and I'm not going to be around forever, so I need to do this now."

"Okay," the purple masked turtle nodded with interest.

Elizabeth sat down in the chair near his bed. "I don't trust the others with this yet, but she's closest to you. Peridot is not my daughter."

"I was part of the FBI before she was born. My partner, Agent Bishop, and I were called in to investigate a Kraang lab because of a large electricity surge. We arrived at the site, and the power was out in the area. It was quiet, except for our footsteps and soft cries...

As we approached the center of the building, bots were fried in place like something had electrocuted them. We approached the circular door and peered in through the little window. A baby was in a cradle, more bots fried around her. The ground, the bots, and the cradle itself were charred black...

Agent Bishop wanted to give her up to Earth Protection Forces because he thought she was a threat to humanity. I just saw a baby crying. We both agreed that I could keep her under close supervision, but I wasn't allowed to be a member of the FBI anymore. I took her home, gave her a name, a fake background, and a life to live. I had to work with multiple different gangs just to keep her safe."

"Do you know her real family?" Donnie asked.

"No. We only used Saki as her last name because his alibi checked out for visiting New York, and we thought he was dead," she answered. "When the Kraang returned here, they began to take interest in her once more. I was scared, but I couldn't stop her. They were the closest thing she had to a biological family. And she doesn't know any of this."

"You want me to keep this from her?" Donatello questioned.

She nodded, her brown hair falling over her shoulders. She stood up from the chair, "You should know that she does have powers. She's the one that fried the bots."

"Her powers must be even stronger now," he commented.

"Yes and the slightest offput could end badly for everyone. You can't give up on her, Donnie. She cares about you."

"I won't give up on Peri," her told the mother figure.

"Good. Next time you see her, ask about her injured side," she said and left the room as the patrol returned.

~

Peridot looked at her pale face in the mirror as if studying herself. Her milky blue eyes wandered down to the wound in her side that spelled out "April was here." Now, in greater detail, she could remember what had caused it to reopen.

"My hops are not lop sided," Usagi had insisted when Bishop had offered him supportive shoes. "A rabbit needs no shoes."

"Prove it," the generic bot stated. "Begin."

"How immature," the rabbit murmered as he jumped out of the way of Peri's blade.

The green-haired girl lit up the conductive swords with electricity, hot blue sparks flew out from the cold metal. She lunged at him while he hopped around her and whipped out his katana. Peri whipped around and swung at him. The white rabbit deflected the blade, dropped to the ground and out of the way. He quickly got back up and kicked her side. She collapsed and warm, sticky blood began to soak her shirt.

Peridot wrapped her torso with bandages and put on a grey sweatshirt. She cleaned up the bathroom before leaving. She went to her room, her thoughts still pulled at her brain. Her mind wouldn't stop replaying the events that had happened earlier that night.

Mikazuki had asked Usagi his favorite place to visit. He described it while forming the image in their minds. The old rusty building disappeared as a cherry orchard appeared; a small river flowed in front of them. As the image disappeared, Usagi spoke up, "That was amazing. Does Amaya have powers too?" He glanced over to the black-haired woman sitting on the stairs watching and listening to the conversation.

"I think that she does. We don't know exactly what they are yet. However, she does have an extraordinary connection with her sister, but she's gone," the tall blonde replied.

"I'm sorry for your loss," the rabbit said to the shorter woman.

Amaya stood up and joined the group. "She's not dead yet. She's just not here. And you better hope it stays that way. She's not a good person to have around."

"You don't talk much about her," Peridot pointed out.

"It is because nothing needs to be said," the usually calm kunoichi snapped.

Peri still couldn't believe that the quiet girl had been so easy to upset and so hot tempered when she was. No one, except for Mikazuki, knew Amaya's history. Something must have happened between the sisters. The green-haired girl had a feeling that Amaya had not seen the last of her own sister.

She made her way to the lab to check up on the injured genius turtle. He greeted her as she came in. Peridot checked his monitor and took notice that he was too quiet. "Is something on your mind, Don?" She inquired.

"Nope, I'm just bored," he answered.

"Well, you're only stuck in here for a few more days," Peridot gave a little smile while redoing his bandages. "You're being suspiciously quiet. Are you sure you're okay?"

"Yea, I'm fine. I was just thinking about my next project," he said. "I want to advance Metalhead even more than we did, and I want to make some upgrades to the Shellraizer."

"Sounds fun."

~

(Any of the following that's underlined is in Japanese, partially to help you and because we're lazy.)

As various pair-ups sparred in the dojo, Amaya and Mikazuki had a quiet conversation about yesterday's events in Japanese. "Is it smart for Peridot to join us?" Mikazuki asked, glancing at the green-haired girl. "After what happened yesterday?"

"Why do you doubt her ability to control her powers? She has been training for a while," Amaya stated.

"She got hurt, and she could have bled to death. I think the carving isn't the only thing that April has done to her in her petty abuse sessions," the tall, blonde woman replied. "April will hurt her any chance she can get."

"She's sparring with Raph right now. I wouldn't worry about it at the moment," Amaya shrugged as she watched April get her feet knocked out from beneather her. "Take her vision when she gets back up. It will make it look like she stood up too fast."

Mikazuki sighed while she focused on April, her eyebrows furrowing in concentration so she could cut the redhead's vision. As soon as she stood up, Zuki took the chance to take her vision. Raph quickly struck back at April while she was distracted and punched her in the gut. The sense manipulator lifted her powers as April doubled over in pain. Mikazuki used her sense augmentation to spike up April's pain before stopping, which was something she had not displayed of her abilities to the others.

"I didn't think I hit you that hard," Raph said, placing a hand on her shoulder. "Are you okay?"

"Yea, I think so," she replied while holding her head. "My vision keeps going black."

Peridot glanced at Mikazuki and the blonde shook her head side to side. As Splinter entered he said, "I will now be pairing you up. Leonardo and Raphael, Mikazuki and Amaya, Michelangelo and Casey, Peridot and April."

Mikazuki looked over at the green-haired girl and spoke inside their heads, "Need some help?"

Peri shook her head no and stepped into the center of the dojo when Splinger called them first. Peri prepared herself for a brutal beating. The mutant rat called for them to begin.