Chapter 3: Death (Part I)

A/N Hey babes! Hope you guys like the new chapter^^

-Charlotte ((: x

-

Jessica's POV

It was a normal morning when my parents told me. I woke up, bathed and changed as usual. I went down for breakfast. Again, as usual. But when I went down, my parents were being all smiley and nice to me. Don't get me wrong. My parents are nice people that keep a strict face. 

"Hey honey!" my mother and father greeted me.

"Hi?" It came out more as a question than a salutation. 

"Can we talk?" my mother asked.

Uh oh.

"We're already talking aren't we?" I let out a nervous chuckle. Did I do something? Everything that I did wrong came rushing to my mind.

My mother sighed and continued,"Love, you know Caleb Logan right? The boy from your school? Anyway, his mother... she... she was caught in a car accident and is... um... with the Lord. So, Caleb has to sell his apartment to pay for her funeral, bank loans, installments and all. We invited him and his sister to stay in one of our rooms."

"What?!?! Please mum, not Caleb. I don't mind his sister, she's nice. But Caleb? Nuh-uh. He is my nemesis mum. You know that!"

"Baby, we've already extended our invitation to him. It's rude to tell him he can't come. Besides, we have 15 rooms. Caleb and Avelyn are just gonna take up two."

"But... but-" I was cut off by my mum.

"You better leave for school now. You're gonna be late."

I grumbled as I grabbed my bag and car keys for my Bentley. My day is officially ruined.

-

Caleb's POV

I took a deep breath as I slapped on a fake smile and walked into school. Being the popular kid, everyone expects you to be happy all the time. No sadness, no anger. In other words, perfect. But I was most definitely not perfect.

My mum passed away last night. Died. Gone. All because of a stupid, reckless driver. I headed straight for the toilet instead of my locker. 

"Aaaargh!" I kicked the cubicle door, punched the wall. Basically, I vented all the anger, sadness, rage, annoyance and every single negative thing I have bottled up. I let out an audible sigh and slumped against the wall. I walked out of the toilet and went for my first period, Drama.

A thought occured to me as I walked. Jessica is in that class. In case you haven't noticed, my mum needs a funeral, the bank loans need to be paid. And the only way I can do that without dying in debt is to sell our apartment. The paperworks arre still in progress but other thsn that, it's already got a new owner.

Mr and Mrs Callison were kind enough to offer me and my sister 2 rooms to stay in while I earn money to rent a room or something. I received a few bro fists as I walked into the room. I placed my bag down in a corner and sat on the floor to join in the circle that was half formed. The drama teacher, Madame Jean walked in. She was in her trademark floral skirt. Her graying hair was put in a bun at the top of her head. Her flowery dress reached all the way to her ankles. She wore a matching brown top. She walked in bare-footed as usual.

"Good morning class! Today we're going to try out a short script. Any volunteers? I need 5 people." she chirped. She was too cheery for her own good.

I raised my hand. So did Anthony, Genelle and Tania. Finally, Jessica put her arm up.

"Alright! Can the 5 brave people come forward?"

We stepped up. She handed us a script entitled "Death". Oh boy I'm excited! I'm being sarcastic here.

-

A/N I need to bathe! Part two will be up later. Love y'all!

-Charlotte ((: x