Chapter 24: Not So Bad Afterall

A/N Weyhey! King & Queen has almost reached 2K reads omaigawd. Anyway, on to Chapter 24!

-Charlotte ((: x

~~~~~

Jessica's POV

I instantly turned into a crying mess when I entered my safe haven. In my room, in Adrian's arms.

Adrian rubbed a hand on my back soothingly,"Shh...shh...it's alright babe. Don't cry..."

I wiped my tears away (I'm pretty sure my mascara is all over my face) and I looked up.

"Oh Adrian, what have I done to deserve you? You're the perfect-" 

I was cut off by Adrian putting his hand on my mouth. He looked straight into my eyes before looking away guiltily.

"I'm not as perfect as you think. In fact, I-I-I have something to confess." Adrian looked at the floor.

I furrowed my eyebrows. What is he talking about?

"Ohmygod please don't get mad Jess, I'm so sorry," he tangled and untangled his fingers before continuing,"So, do you know Amber? Amber Walinski? My ex girlfriend? Yea. Everybody in this town thinks that she migrated to California with her family, but actually, she didn't.

We went on a holiday to Africa. And over there... she...she... got mauled by a lion. Right in the face. That sent her into a concussion. And the doctor said that she has a possibility of becoming blind when she wakes up."

Tears were streaming down his face.

But I still don't get it. He said "please don't get mad". Was I supposed to be angry?

"Hey now, that's not your fault. You didn't ask the lion to-"

"BUT DON'T YOU SEE?! IT IS MY FAULT!" Adrian screamed.

He wrapped his hands around me tightly as he sobbed into my shoulders.

He whispered,"It is my fault. The tour guide specifically told us not to go anywhere near Route 99 because of the wild animals near that area., but I let her.And when the lion attacked, I ran. I made no attempt to save her."

"Okay... but I still don't get what I'm supposed to be mad about." I said.

He sighed then said,"I... I don't think I actually got over her yet. You know how I said I had some matters to attend to? Yeah, well, I was actually visiting Amber. She is hospitalised in St. Nicholas Hospitals a few towns away."

Much to my surprise, this confession did not send my heart plummeting to the ground.

I decided to confess to him too.

"Actually I haven't been completely honest with you either..." I started.

He shot me a knowing smile and said,"I know. You like Caleb don't you?"

I gasped,"How did you know?"

"I see the way you look at him. It's the way I look at Amber."

"I'm so sorry Adrian."

"I should be the one apologising. At least you weren't seeing Caleb behind my back. Even though he's not in a coma." Adrian teased.

"Do you think I should go for him?" I asked.

"Definitely. The chemistry between you two is so obvious. You guys act all enemy-ish on the outside but I think you guys would make a great couple."

I smiled before saying,"You better get going. You can climb out of the window and spare me from explaining to my parents."

He nodded and opened my window. I stuck my head out and watch him skillfully make it down to the ground. 

~~~~~

The next morning, I woke up extra early to avoid my parents.

I wore a light blue crochet sweater with a pearl collar and a white lace skirt with a light blue PVC high heels with a cute ribbon at the front.

I wore some foundation, blush, mascara, eyeliner, some light blue eyeshadow and a baby pink lipstick.

I slung my backpack over my shoulder and rushed out of my house.

By the time I reached school, there were barely a few people drifting here and there. I sat down at the cafeteria and started reading a book.

Suddenly, I felt someone tap my shoulder. I turned around and saw Caleb standing there.

"Do you mind if I sit down?" he asked.

"No, not at all." I replied.

"So, where's your Adrian?" he asked.

I snorted,"He's not my Adrian. We ended things last night."

He raised an eyebrow,"Woah why?"

"Because." 

People were already starting to stream in to the school and the cafeteria was getting considerably packed.

Damn, it must be weird for them to see us, arch enemies, sitting together.

"So you're single now?" he asked.

"I guess." I said.

Suddenly, he stood on the table and cleared his throat.

"What are you doing? People are staring." I hissed, tugging at the ends of his jeans.

"Hey! Morning everyone!" he said.

The whole cafeteria hushed.

"So, uh, today, I need to ask somebody something. I have my eyes on this girl and today, I want to pop her the question. Ya know, ask her out. So."

He turned to face me and then he got down on one knee.

Oh.

My.

God.

"Jessica Aphrodite Callison, will you do me the honor of being my girlfriend?"

Of course I would say yes.

But being the little bitch that I am, I didn't.

~~~~~

A/N Muahaha! I left you guys a cliff hanger >:) But I promise you, this isn't as bad as it sounds ;)

-Charlotte ((: x