Chapter 17: Stupid Period

A/N HOLY CUPCAKES! 1K READS?! I swear you guys are amazeballs. This is a really big milestone for me and I never thought I'd make it this far. Like, heck, it's chapter 17 already? This  double update is for you guys my amazing readers <3

I'd like to dedicate this chapter to every single one of you but there is one particular person who voted for my every chapter and is an awesome friend. She's @erinthe1nonly.

She has this really great idea for a book and it's going to be up soon. Check it out when it's out maybe?

-Charlotte ((:

~~~~~

Caleb's POV

I swear I felt like exploding with rage when Adrian leaned down and kissed her. Yeah sure it was just on the cheek. But cheek or not, I'm still angry. Nobody touches my... my what? Crush? But she's not mine since we're not, you know, dating or whatever.

I could hear my inner Caleb screaming to me: GROW SOME BALLS AND MAN UP DUDE! TELL HER! SHE'S NOT GONNA WAIT FOREVER!

I immediately shut him off. I have heard too many stories of guys confessing and the ending was terrible.

I have to admit though, I acted like a child when Jessica came back. But you can't blame me. 

~~~~~

Jessica's POV

I took a shower and went straight to bed. Today was a good day. Mostly anyway. I snuggled deep into my little haven of blankets, pillows and a fluffy bed.

I was deep into my dream when a sharp, stinging pain shot through my lower abdomen. I literally slithered off my bed and went to my bathroom. 

True to my suspicions, there was blood on my panties. I groaned and went to "clean myself up".

After that, I went down to the kitchen to look for my painkillers. God, periods are so stupid. Why don't they just come for an hour? Like, yea I know I'm not pregnant thanks, you can leave now.

I froze. Where the fuck were my painkillers? I can't live with the pain so I'd have to go to the 24-hour pharmacy near my house. But I sure as heck can't drive in this condition.

My mum and dad were in Hawaii. Anthea would kill me if I woke her up at this time. Erin can't drive. Boris is in the next town visiting his mother.  Fuck. Looks like Caleb is my last option now. 

Although I'm not sure if he'd still want to help me.

I went to his room and hesitantly knocked.

Moments later, a sleepy Caleb answered the door.

"Mmm? Whatcha doin' here?" his words were slightly slurred.

"Caleb, I need you to drive me somewhere." 

He suddenly became more alert. He narrowed his eyes at me.

'Where to? A party?" he asked.

"Gosh no! I'm... uh... it's that time of the month for me. And I ran out of painkillers so I need you to drive me to a nearby pharmacy." I said, slightly rushing the last part and hoping that he won't catch it.

He nodded and went to grab his car keys.

We entered his car. I sat at the back passenger seat and wincing every time the pain came.

~~~~~

Caleb's POV

I couldn't say no to her. That's what she does to me. One moment I'm pissed at her and another, when she comes to me for help, I can't stop myself for wanting to look over her, protect her, help her.

I really couldn't bear seeing her like this, in so much pain. I sped past basically every red light and exceeded the speed limit by a heck lot.

She only spoke a few times, to tell me to take a turn or something like that.

After what seemed like eternity, we arrived. I didn't want to leave her in the car alone so I helped her get out of the back seat.

"Careful there." I whispered to her.

I held her by the arm and fought the urge to carry her into the store.

We went to the counter and a blonde boy sat there.

Jessica whispered into my ear," Tell him regular painkillers, 2 packs of 2 by 3."

I repeated her exact words to the boy.

I unlocked the glass display case behind hime and grabbed 2 boxes of pills. He put those in a plastic bag and said,"Take te [a/n not a typo. it's an accent] pills thrice a day, after meals. Te total is four dollars and turdy seven cents."

He spoke with a slight accent. Irish I think?

I nodded and pulled out $4.40 and left, helping Jessica and the other holding the plastic bag.

We went into the car and this time, she sat in the front seat, beside me.

She frantically took the plastic bag from me and ate the pills dry.

What the fuck?

Well, desperate times call for desperate measures.

She curled up into a fetus position. It was then that I realised how tiny she was. 5 foot 3 inches isn't exactly the tallest a girl can get.

We finally got home and I helped her onto the sofa and got her a cup of water. She gulped it down greedily.

She surprised me when she asked," Can I sleep with you tonight? Just tonight?"

My heart leapt and I struggled to keep a neutral stance as I nodded.

~~~~~

Jessica's POV

I buried my face deep into the pillow and breathed in deeply, taking in the scent of mint.

Wait. This isn't my room.

I lifted my head and looked around. I cringed as a searing pain invaded my uterus.

At that moment, Caleb walked in with a pill in one hand and a glass of water in the other.

He grinned and said," Hey sleepy head. It's noon already, about time you woke up. Here, take your medication. I made French toast and iced coffee."

I took the pill and water and told him," Hey, thanks. But, uh, I can't take cold stuff. It'll make the cramps worse."

He smiled apologetically and said," Anything that I can help you with?"

I shook my head and tried to grin. But I'm pretty sure it looked more like a grimace.

He nodded and left the room. I took the pill, looking forward to when it take effect on my cramping uterus.

~~~~~

A/N Yay for double update? Please, please vote. It only takes a few seconds.

-Charlotte ((: