Chapter 33: Surprise, surprise

A/N I have been MIA for so long omfg ;-; but on the bright sideee I HIT 3K WOWDA.

-

author confession #1: I started k&q for fun and never thought that I'd reach more than a couple of reads (but here I am anyway so)

- (I'll be using this instead of the curly one now)

Jessica's POV

<92 new messages>

My eyes bulged out of their sockets as I saw the notification. I unlocked my phone and scrolled through the messages.

Two were from Caleb:

Sorry babe, got you into trouble AGAIN ): Maybe we should go out earlier in the day next time.

Sleep tight, nighty night (:

I quickly replied with a 'same to you' before checking the other messages.

All of the rest were from Erin. Wow. Erin was never into texting and calling and never did so unless necessary.

I skimmed through the messages and a few caught my eye.

I'm really sorry.

Please call back asap.

It's important.

There were so many more that I skipped. Questions raced through my head as I called her.

"Hello?" I said, after she finally picked up.

"Who's this?" she asked in a hoarse voice.

"Jess." I replied.

I heard her clear her throat before speaking again,"Oh my God! Finally! We need to talk."

"That's why I called?" I said.

"No no no as in face to face. It's too hard to say everything over the phone." she said.

"Ok... uh... how about at the nearby 24 hour cafe? It's called The Bean or something?" I said.

"Oh ok. See you there." she said.

I threw on a T-shirt and a red goodies with black track pants.

I stealthily crept out of the house and got into my car.

In less than 10 minutes, I arrived at The Bean and spotted Erin's very practical (just like her) silver Nissan Sunny.

I walked in and Erin was sitting in a corner. She was flipping through some notes (typical Erin) with no beverage in front of her.

I strode to the bored looking barista and got her her regular: black coffee with a spoon of sugar and two shots of cream while I got myself some caramel frappe.

I brought the drinks and sat down opposite her.

She inhaled deeply before closing her book. She took her drink from my hands and muttered a thanks.

"So. Have you noticed anything... weird lately?" she asked.

"Hm, well other than you and Thea hanging out with Enna all the damn fucking time, no." I said sarcastically.

She sighed,"No. Have you realised the entire school population has been ignoring you? Except for, well, Caleb, Christ and... Tim."

She coughed out the last word. A smile crept onto my face as I remembered her crush on him.

But back to her question.

I stroked my chin thoughtfully,"I'm not sure to be honest."

"Trust me, they have." she said.

"And that is because?" I asked.

"Enna has been spreading rumours about you." she said.

My eyebrows jumped up.

Erin continued,"I did a little digging, and-"

She flipped through her notes and sifted out a page.

"-there. As we all know, she transferred from Bronville High. But why? Well, this article, states that she was expelled from Bronville."

"What? Expelled? Why?" my eyebrows furrowed.

"According to this article, she was sued for slander. She was given the option to fight the case or drop out of school. She chose the latter but she didn't leave for another 2 months. And thus, she was expelled." Erin said.

"But wait. Why was she sued for slander? What did she say?"

Erin shrugged,"The article didn't say."

"Why are you telling me this?" I asked.

"At first, Enna tried brainwashing me with her bullshit about you. And I was dumb enough to believe her. But after awhile, I started to get suspicious and started to find out more about her. I'm going to continue to be as close as I can to her and see if I can find out more." she said.

I nodded and got out of my sit.

"Thanks!" I called out to Erin just as I left The Bean.

-

A/N shit's going down, I'm yelling timber. HAHAHA I'M HILARIOUS NO? no? ok. I don't think I'll be updating for another 2 weeks? I know I suck.

I'll be using the dash (-) instead of the curly dash (~) from now on and I'm editing that part for the past chapters.

Also, I'm too lazy to sign off so yea. I mean, you guys know I'm Charlotte so I have no need to sign off. Yea.

Adios!