Chapter 10: Vegemite toast and ruined laundry.

A/N Sorry about my lateness in updating :/ My mid year exams are coming. But I promise that I'll update more regularly once the exams end, ok? I know the previous chapter was crappy but just bear with me for a while more. It'll get better, I promise.

-Charlotte ((: x

~~~~~

Jessica's POV

I parked my Bentley in the garage and went to my house. On the door was a sticky note in Boris's cursive handwriting. 

It said:

Missy, I'll be out until around 8pm or so as I went to visit my parents just in the next town. I have already informed Madame and Sir of this matter. I am pretty sure you will be able to make yourself and Caleb a pretty decent meal. Avelyn has gone for a sleepover at her friend's house.

Do also wash your clothes. It is really easy. Just put them into the washing machine and follow the instruction manual on the kitchen counter. Seperate te whites and the coloured. I repeat to get this into your thick skull: SEPERATE THE WHITES AND THE COLOURS.

Signed,

Boris

Really? To get it through my thick skull? I snorted. I took the note and shoved it into my pocket and entered. 

I went over to the fridge to get some bread and Vegemite. Caleb will have to do with Vegemite toast. I put the bread into the toaster and a few moments later, Caleb walked in.

"Hey." he said.

"Hi. Boris is away so I'm making lunch. It's Vegemite toast. Take it or leave it." I said bluntly.

"Nah I'll pass. Not a fan of Vegemite." he mumbled.

"Even if you're not gonna eat, you still have to help with the laundry." I said.

"Sure. Why not," he said," just let me put my bag in my room and I'll be down in a sec."

I continued spreading Vegemite on my toast.

~~~~~

"How the actual hell does this thing work?!" I asked, infuriated.

"Uh you do realise that the manual is right here, right?" he waved the manual into my face.

"No I don't I was blind and couldn't see that the manual was right under my nose. Of course I do dumbo! I read it a gazillion times and I have absolutely no idea what it's talking about." I said.

Caleb sighed and dumped all the clothes from the laundry basket into the washing machine, took the detergent liquid and poured it into a compartment. He shut the door of the thing and pressed start. I have no idea why, but I knew, somewhere in my mind, that something was wrong. Very wrong.

After about half and hour, the washing machine beeped and we went to take a look. Caleb placed the clothes into a basket. Then I saw what was wrong.

We did not seperate the whites and the coloured.

WE DID NOT SEPERATE THE WHITES AND THE COLOURED.

We are so so doomed.

I went through the soiled clothes.

There was my mum's favourite Dolce&Gabbana white work blouse which is now part blue. Then my father's Emporio Armani white boxers ( *coughs* ) that are now blue too. The list goes on and on...

It would take me a year even with my poclet money to replace them all.

"So..." Caleb said.

"Let's just hope my parents are feeling forgiving tonight." I said. 

"Since we can't do anything about it, let's go watch some TV." Caleb suggested.

I nodded in agreement.

~~~~~

Even with the air-conditioning turned on at full blast, it was still pretty stuffy.

"Whether you like it or not, I'm going to take off my top." Caleb announced.

What? Before I could react, Caleb's t-shirt came off. I hate to admit it but, gosh! He has a nice body. His toned abdomen glistened with sweat and the moment his top was removed, I could smell the smell of his cologne. Mmm...

"Like what you see?" he asked.

I blushed and looked away.

~~~~~

Boris came back at 7.48pm exactly. He went to the washing machine and got the shock of his life.

"Woah. What happened. You kids better be prepared."

Caleb and I just nodded sheepishly.

Sigh. My fingers are crossed.

~~~~~

A/N Heheh hope this makes up for the really lousy chapter previously. Muacks! 

-Charlotte ((: x