Chapter 21: Mission Impossible

A/N It's Saturday! Aka update timeeee!

Good news: K&Q is #857 under ChickLit! ASDFGHJKL!

Major bad news: the writers block is still here wtf ugh

Lol have fun reading!

-Charlotte ((: x

~~~~~

Caleb's POV

I stood in the crowd as Jessica- and Enna- made the announcement. I stood kinda near them so I got a good view of Jessica. 

Ok I should stop, I sound like a predator eyeing its prey.

I wasn't really paying attention to be honest. I was looking at Jessica's outfit and thinking how much it fitted her. But then again, eveything suits her.

And her perfume. Oh her perfume. It smells so good. I sniffed it. Mmm... I took a few more whiffs before stopping.

Partly because I was getting a few weird looks. 

And also because it sounds creepy. looks creepy. And it makes me feel like a creep.

The only few words I caught from the announcement was: Enna”, “I”, “little bet”, “without smirking”, “without swearing”, “prize”, “personal”.

My summary of what I heard (which is not a lot): Enna and Jessica made a bet. Enna can’t smirk for a day, and Jessica and swear for a day. The prize was personal.

The crowd dispersed and I headed for my first lesson as well.

And I saw something that made my heart sink to me to my feet.

~~~~~

Jessica’s POV

When I started to walk away, someone gave me a peck on my cheek and whispered, good luck, into my right ear. The person walked ahead of me and turned around to give me a wink.

Adrian.

I blushed at his sweet action. I need all the luck I can get today. 

At the same time, I felt guilty. He was wishing me luck for...this...this... I don't even know what this is.

This isn't legit cheating on Adrian, is it?

I groaned internally. Why does it have to be so complicated? Why can't I like Adrian only? Sweet Adrian who deserves so much more than me?

I entered the classroom of my first lesson: Art.

Mrs Utania, or Mrs U, as she wants us to call her, was already in the classroom. She took our attendance and then called us up and stand in a line. With our art homework from last week.

Fuck.

I was so caught up with everything I forgot about my homework.

You know what makes this even worse?

I was the first in line.

"Mrs U, I... uh... I left my homework at home." I stuttered.

She didn't seem pleased with my answer.

"Jess, you're one of my best students. I really don't want to do this but... you are having detention after school today." Mrs U said.

"F-"I realised what I was about to say and quickly covered up,"ffffffish..."

Oh my God. This is not a good way to start this. day.

~~~~~

I slammed my tray onto the canteen table.

"Chill the fuck out." Anthea said.

Erin shot her a dirty look.

This feels horrible. Watching Anthea, and everyone else, swear and cuss like a sailor was killing me. It feels like I'm trying to quit smoking and everyone around me is smoking. It is not helping.

I suddenly feel a pang of empathy for those who are trying to quit drugs or cigarettes.

Erin put her hand over mine and said,"Hey now, don't get so worked up. You have just," she took a look at her watch and continued," 4 hours and 20 minutes till this ends."

I smiled at her. At least I had one sensible friend. 

I pierced a slice of lettuce drenched in Thousand Island salad dressing.

My eyes swept the cafeteria and met Enna's.

I smirked at her.

If it isn't easy for me, then I certainly won't make it easy for her.

I could see the edge of her mouth twitch up, and then with all her self control, she set it down.

Her eyes immediately dart away from mine.

I wanted to burst out laughing at the amount of control I have over her. 

That lifted my mood about a million times.

~~~~~

With a bounce in my step, I headed for my next lesson. Math. [a/n I think I wrote about her math teacher but I can't find his name! Tell me if you find it aye?]

This day is getting better. Caleb is in the class too.

I walked into the with a silly grin stuck on my face.

I sat at my regular seat and just a few minutes later, I felt someone slide in to the seat beside mine.

"Oh hey Adrian!" I greeted him with a grin.

"What, no kissy for me?" he pouted in the most inhumanely adorable way possible.

I giggled and leaned over to give him a peck on the nose.

And at that exact moment. Caleb walked in.

Oh what great timing.

He walked to his seat, emotionless, his eyes not giving away anything.

Mr Willy, our Math teacher walked in and started droning on and on about some linear equation crap.

My eyes were half closed when somebody burst in to the classroom.

It was some dude from the 'Emo bunch' that usually sat together during recess.

His eyes sparkled with excitement. Which was kind of rare to see an Emo do.

Mr Willy raised an eyebrow and said," There better be a reasonable explanation for this disruption to my class."

The Emo dude said breathlessly,"Enna...she...she... smirked."

The class broke into applause as I sat frozen in my seat.

~~~~~

I literally ran out of my class when the last bell rang.

I jumped into the car and to my great luck, Fuck You by CeeLo Green came on. I screamed along.

Hey what? This is my mini celebration.

And in my head, I'm already planing for a major one.

~~~~~

A/N Yay! Jessica won! Hm... what could the major celebration be?

Remember to vote yea? Comment and follow me to! I follow back.

Picture of Candice Swanepoel as Jessica to the side >>> 

-Charlotte ((: x