Gym Class with Half Bloods

Amanda's pov (mortal)

I'm Amanda. I go to San Francisco High School. My best friend is Annabeth Chase.

Annabeth is quiet, but amazingly smart. She corrects teachers, and is always right. She's also really pretty. When she first came to my school, all the boys hit on her. But the girls who are considered "popular" spread rumors that her tan was fake, her perfect blonde hair is dyed, and her stormy grey eyes are colored contacts. After that, nobody talked to her, except for me. I know better, though. She cuts her own hair, I'm not sure if she's ever been in a hair salon, let alone regularly dyes her hair. She has crazy perfect vision, she doesn't need contacts. I don't know about her tan, though. She doesn't seem very athletic when you first meet her. But I've seen her run when she thinks she's going to be late for a class. That girl is a cheetah.

"Track try outs are next thursday after school at 4:30. Don't be late or you will be automatically taken off the list."

Announced Coach Hudgens before gym.

"You should try out!"

I whispered to Annabeth. She looked tempted, but said

"Running isn't really my thing."

"I've seen you run, you liar."

She just shrugged. I rolled my eyes. I had no idea why Annabeth didn't do sports. She does horrible in gym, but she can run like a cheetah when she tries. Annabeth always wears sweat shirts and sweat pants instead of the normal gym uniform of sport shorts as a tank top. I have no idea why.

"I have a surprise for you guys today. A summer camp, where some kids stay year round, is coming today to teach you guys sword fighting and other stuff. So, here's camp CBH!"

Said Coach Hudgens while a bunch of kids came into the gym. My mouth fell open. They all were really hot and athletic looking. They all had an aura of power, like Annabeth's. They had racks of wooden swords.

"Hey guys I'm Percy,"

Said a guy with black hair and sea green eyes.

"That's Jason, Frank, Piper, Leo, Hazel, Nico, Clarisse, Chris, Will, Travis, Connor, Katie, Jake, Lou Ellen, Butch, Clovis, and Thalia."

He said pointing to each of them.

"Annabeth?! I told you guys this was her school!"

Yelled the boy named Leo, pointing at her. Annabeth grinned widely.

"Get up here and help us, you scary blonde!"

Leo said again. Annabeth jumped up and ran over to them. They all hugged her tightly. Annabeth's not scary. She's quiet. The guy, Percy, kissed her. KISSED! What's going in?! How does she know them?

"You know her?"

Asked Coach Hudgens.

"Know her? I grew up with her!"

Yelled the girl named Thalia. What?

"Annabeth's not scary."

I said defending her. The whole group cracked up, even Annabeth.

"I'm not that scary!"

She said.

"Coming from the girl who sent almost all of camp to the infirmary."

Said Piper.

"Annabeth is quiet and shy. I'm her best friend. She's the opposite of scary."

I said. Thalia snorted.