Girl On a Rollercoaster

It felt like the longest drive they ever took. Piled up in the Battleshell, the six teenage mutants were seated in close quarters as Donatello drove them all to the airport. In the middle of the car lay the two enlarged backpacks made for the traveling terrapins. They were filled with snacks, extra clothing if needed, and other necessities any mutant turtle needed if they were away from home. Sharing a seat, the two turtles of blue were wrapped in clothing to cover themselves if they were to be seen by human eyes. It had been a long time since they have seen Venus wear her light blue Yin Yang robe with her straw hat over her head. Last time they saw her with it on, the blood rushed to their heads after she hung them upside down. Leonardo had taken a different brown overcoat that they possessed, yet he took the matching brimmed hat. Both, with little space to stay seated and hands in their lap, listened to the quieted Erykah Badu radio playing from the aux cord from Raphael's phone.

The van took a wide turn, awakening the passengers who were in their own world as they thought about the upcoming departure. They weren't the only ones there, but for precautions, Donnie drove out to the farthest and emptiest spots available in the airport parking lot. No one was parked in the darkness as Donatello brought the vehicle to a stop and turned off the headlights.

"Here's your stop." He turned his body around to see them. His right arm helped to force him to the side as it pushed against the seat Raphael was in. "The manhole's right by the door." Venus and Leonardo looked up from their laps. Although the dim, green-tinted light made it hard to see it, they could make out the bright yellow lights and flashing red ones that assured them that they were at the airport. Leonardo crossed a hand over to unbuckle them from their seat and grabbed both of their bags from their feet. Venus, hunched over, opened the van door. Surely, the manhole was right in front of it as Donatello predicted. Before she could reach down and lift the cover, she got the urge to come back into the van. Once she stepped in, she was met by Michelangelo's loving arms. He had unbuckled himself out of his seat to send a farewell worth giving as he held her tight and rocked her back and forth lovingly, mumbling into her shoulder.

"I'mma miss you." He spoke almost choked up. Venus felt a little guilty for not being as emotional as he was, but she felt a discrepancy in that assumption. "When you're gone, when you're goooone, I'm gonna miss you when you're go-Oooooone!" There it was. The turtle girl trusted her emotion sense when it caught onto Michelangelo's over-the-top drama performance. Despite the utter sadness behind his little number, the cerulean clad turtle giggled and squeezed her brother harder.

"Watch my baby sister, okay?" Leonardo's neck was met by Mona Lisa's arms as she asked.

"Don't want to come home and die three minutes later." The leader smirked. Although he was joking, he knew the in evident would happen if he didn't. Seeing the understanding in his eyes, the lizard lady smiled. Her finger tapped the terrapin in blue lightly on the nose in a cutesy fashion.

"Good boy." She praised him. Leonardo chuckled and turned to his brothers, which shook the car slightly.

"Catch ya later bro." Raphael extended a hand out to him as he too turned around from the front seat. Leonardo took it as he let his big hand slide against his brother's until their fingertips met. They finished their little handshake with a firm hold. Donnie, too, extended a hand but in the form of a fist. Leonardo recognized and bumped hands with him.

"See ya guys." Leo nodded, wielding the two giant bags over his shoulder. In two steps, he was able to squeeze past Mona and Venus, who were saying their own goodbyes.

"Stay fresh, ya know." Mikey shouted out to him, following with a sly wink. The leader looked to see if anyone else noticed, but they were too enthralled with Venus who was still inside. Leo gave him a thumbs up.