There Wasn't Anything

The run felt like it took him an hour. Trying to get over the fact that he was always on the edge of falling down a mountain wasn't a good feeling at all. The best they could have done was make the path wider for a person to pass and carry a load behind them. But, no. No passing room (thank you nobody was coming in the other direction) with just barely enough space for his shell to jab at the Rock every now and then as his body bounced side to side with his movements. It felt like he had just hit a home run when he had the Wu Kwan in his sights with all the flat space stretching far and wide. Upon his arrival, his teacher opened up the door to the porch and stood in the doorway. With a cup of tea in her hand, she advised that he should take a moment's rest and come back. Apparently, she had a surprise in mind and wouldn't want it to be spoiled for him. Although he smiled and took off with it, he felt like it was go no to be very unpleasant. If anybody says there's a surprise briefly after getting cross with the other, there was nothing fun about the outcome.

With the break, he had a good moment to dawn on the thought in the comforts of his home of a few months. When he first arrived, Leonardo dwelled on the fact that Venus may be home. She probably woke up and noticed that he had gone by now. Probably doesn't even want to see him right now. He had to admit, that was a really... um... Not really nice thing to do to her. Every morning they woke up together, so he sure wouldn't have gone unnoticed. He better try to make peace with her at least.

Alas, wherever he looked, the lady turtle was nowhere to be found. Not in her room, not in her father's room, not even in her glorious backyard. Venus probably took off somewhere. Miwa didn't mention whether or not she was in the Wu Kwan, so maybe she's somewhere else? The hole? An old friends? Oh no, what if she's with Yujin? She hadn't talked about him much since, but that couldn't mean that she's forget about him. Leo jumped onto the couch. He wished he could say that he cared whether or not it would break under his sudden weight, but now he could care less. Could he really have driven her back to her.. Her guy-friend? That was the last thing he would want and it was entirely his fault if she did. Oh, man. He may have messed up big time. The whole point of him going home for a while was a time for relaxation, but how was a turtle honing to relax with these thoughts through his head? He tried calling her, but with every call there was no answer. Typical. Well, if he wasn't going to relax, might as well go back and meet up with Miwa. Besides, keeping further bottled up feelings without blowing off some steam will make him repeat the same actions that brought him here in the first place.

He went through the back entrance to where Miwa had sent him off from earlier that morning. On the walk there, he tried to drop the subject altogether in order to keep from taking his frustration too far in the face of his teacher. It wasn't her fault anyways. It was nobody's fault that he felt such a way. Nobody's fault but his. A careful hand turned the knob and pulled the door open. The creak of its hinges notified that someone was coming in. Upon closing it behind him, he stood there as he waited for the incoming footsteps to meet up with him. As spritely as ever, it was Miwa. Her cup was no longer in her hand after having finished it a while ago. Updated nag her face was a black mask made of some type of netting by material like chiffon of some sorts. The black shadowed her sharp eyes outlined by her edgy makeup. A torso of a silver plate adorned her along with strapped pads on both her shoulders and forearms. She looked ready for a fight.

"Welcome back." Her words were mellow. "I have someone in the dojo for you." She didn't explain her new get up, which was odd since he had seen her wear nothing else but black pants and shirts. Something was definitely up. Good or bad for him, it was seriously leaning towards the bad side in his stomach. Like a good student, Leonardo followed as she led him to the other room. A lump in his throat went down as they neared the dojo.

"Is Venus here? She wasn't back at the house." He forced himself to say. Maybe talking could calm him down for the possible worst behind the door.

"I don't want you thinking about her right now." She snapped, letting half of her covered eye pierce his soul. "In other words, she brought him in for you." Her face disappeared behind her head.