Getting to Know You

The lair underground was quiet. A little too quiet. Even with almost everybody gone, it was no excuse that the brawn and buffoon would keep the place silent. With Taylor gone for work, Mona and Angel took their fashion project over to seek any help or suggestions from the fashion guru herself. Donatello and Master Splinter made the trip as well for they too sought to visit April in a different setting than their own home. Surprisingly, Michelangelo denied the visit. The family was suspicious, mostly due to the cute crush he had on her and how he would sometimes go out of his way to impress her. Instead, he told them that it was better for him to look after Raphael, who was still sleeping. For the past couple of days, they noticed that their home felt a little less crowded without Raphael walking around. Every time they saw him, he was either sleeping, about to, or waking up. The only time spent out of his room was eating or spreading news Splinter had asked him to. For a while, the family thought he was ill, but the red clad turtle brushed them off, but assuring him that he is more than okay.

They weren't too fond of leaving Michelangelo alone. First, you never leave Mikey alone. As much as you want him to go away when he's bugging you, you know very well he'll break things and set others on fire. Even worse, he gave a rather unlikely explanation for his stay. Mikey concerned for Raphael? Not likely. What was a family to do? Their tempting words didn't make the terrapin budge. So then, with concerning looks and a feeling of regret, the family left to his devices.

A quick dunk in the base of the waterslide proved enough time that the departed family wasn't going to return any time soon. Michelangelo was drying himself off and looked off to where their bedrooms were. Raphael was still sleeping, but he saw him stir some since he was disturbed by any noise he made while be was bathing. The rebel settled back into his bed, telling Mikey that he was still asleep. The orange clad terrapin mouthed 'Yes!' while squeezing his eyes and shaking his fist. He wrapped the dampened towel around his waist when he stopped dripping and snuck off to Mona and Venus' bedroom.

"Where is it? Where is it?" he repeated numerous times in his head as he search the room. His hands brushed around the junk contained in small bins that were destined for the lizard lady. Accessories, trinkets, other junk, nothing! He couldn't find it. He knows she keeps it in one of the bins, but he couldn't remember which. It was times like these he wished that they were colored bins and not all silver.

"What are you doing?" Raphael's deep, out of the blue voice shocked the young terrapin. He turned to see his brother take up the doorway. His eyes were red from just waking up. His arms were crossed over one another as he leaned on one leg.

"Nothing." He said as normally as possible. Raphael shifted to the other leg.

"Again, what are you doing?" Mikey's mouth was straight as a line, pushing his cheeks towards the sides of his head. He looked away and side, rolling his eyes.

"Can't a brother help a sister out?" He belted out loudly. The change in volume made Raphael cringe. He just woke up and wasn't ready for that at all, Mikey or not. "Geez! Her sister's gone to China, she's suffering from a wardrobe malfunction, and I just wanna help her clean up a bit. Can I not just do something nice like cleaning her room without being accused of something?" Raphael shook his head.

"No, you can't." he said firmly. Mikey knew it. As well as he thought the explanation was flawless, Raphael's Bull detector was too keen to bypass.

"Fine," the orange clad turtle slumped over as he prepared to admit his intentions. Raphael stood ready for whatever curveball Mikey was going to throw at him. "I'm looking for that piece of paper she keeps kissing on." Raphael lifted his brow. At first, he didn't know what he was talking about, but then, he realized those were Mona's bins he was looking through and the incidences of her with a specific piece of paper came back to him.