Glow Night

"What's good familia?!?!" Angel's raspy call sought out every ear that lived underground. Standing beside her was April. In her hand, the bag of party supplies dangled as Angel carried her stuff to prepare her for the night and morning. Emerging from his quarters, Splinter sashayed out. He carried nothing but his current book in his hand for April insisted that she would take care of him fully.

"That's my cue to leave." He spoke gently, poking fun at the loud Chicana. As he walked towards them, she couldn't help but smile at the old man. He was so cute, even if he was a rat. The old rat came to April's side. April smiled, too for she realized she would be spending quality time with her first pet in years. Before trying to leave, the rat looked back at his children who had emerged from their hiding places. Raphael was even up from his all day naps. "I trust you children will be safe?"

"Of course, Sensei." Mikey answered. It didn't help ease the rat as his son made no eye contact to him and flung himself over to lay on the couch.

"You have your cell phone? Extra clothes?" April questioned. She forced the bag she carried into into her arms to make sure she didn't make way with it. Angel cocked her head, smirking.

"Yeah, mom. I'm good." She joked. The brunette playfully glared, letting her lips pucker as she stared into the playing girl's eyes.

"Funny." She flashed that genuine smile that you couldn't turn down, especially with those uniquely blue eyes. Angel turned away to keep herself from giggling in her face.

"No rough-housing while I'm gone."

"Hai, Sensei." All four mutant children responded, resembling a military residence.

"No going topside."

"Hai, Sensei."

"Bye, Sensei." Angel chimed in as she placed her hands on the worried rat's shoulders. "No offense, but we gotta get our party on!" She exclaimed. As much as Splinter hated it, she was right. His children were just throwing a party. They are old enough to be home alone and far more than capable of taking care of themselves. He turned to look at Angel. Although she was practically kicking him out of his house, her toothy smile read that she understood his worries, but there was no need for them. He was only doing his job. In turn, he gave her a thoughtful nod.

"I will see you all tomorrow morning. Have fun, my children." He wished. When he was ready to leave, April took his free hand and wrapped it around hers.

"See ya, guys!" She called behind her as she and Splinter headed for the exit.

"Bye, dad! Bye, April!" Were the last words exchanged to the older people as they shut the lair door behind them.

Wasting no time, Angel sprinted to where the stereo system now resided. She opened up a CD case and popped one on to play. Before it can begin to play a track, Angel sprinted back to the Living Room everyone was still at when she screamed out the opening.

"It's Game tiiiiimme!" She cheered along with the raspy woman's voice until the beat came in. The bass buzzed the air and the floor as the trumpet-like sounds whistled.

"We don't even live in Compton." Michelangelo commented, knowing very well that it was "Another Day in Compton" on the stereo.

"What you talkin' 'bout? Dr. Dre's for everyone!" The excited Chicana skipped around, looking to grab her party bag. "Ay yo, Mikey! C'mere!" She called once she got her hands on it. The obedient yet curious turtle trotted over in a jiffy. Angel dug around the bag with the title leaning over her. "I got some Glow-duct tape." Once she found it, she brought it up for him to see. Sure enough it was a large roll of pale green tape.