Chapter Eighteen: Text Talk

Oh if you lost your way,
And it drove you crazy,
You would still have me, we work together you see,
Blood sweat and tears, blood sweat and tears,

Paloma Faith - Blood Sweat and Tears

Antonio Dawson: Sorry I missed you this morning. How was the apartment?

Maggie O'Neill: No problem. It was actually really nice, good size and the rent is a pretty good price for the location.

Antonio Dawson: You thinking of taking it?

Maggie O'Neill: It's a great place. I am seriously considering it besides aren't you getting bored of having a roommate?

Antonio Dawson: You know I'm not. You can stay as long as you like.

Maggie O'Neill: Come take a look when you get off shift and tell me what you think.

Antonio Dawson: I'll text you to let you know when I'm leaving. x

Maggie O'Neill: See you then x

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Jay Halstead: You owe me $50.

Erin Lindsey: For what?!

Jay Halstead: Antonio and Maggie, they're a thing.

Erin Lindsey: They are not a thing!

Jay Halstead: Oh trust me they are a thing. They were holding hands in Molly's.

Erin Lindsey: You are not getting $50 for hand holding. There has to be kissing at least.

Jay Halstead: 'At least' makes it sound seedy.

Erin Lindsey: You are such a perv.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Sean Roman: Hey, Asher wants to know if you can work for him tonight.

Antonio Dawson: As long as it is after 7pm that suits me.

Sean Roman: Cool. I will let you know.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Kim Burgess: It was great to meet you last night. I hope your head doesn't feel as bad as mine does.

Maggie O'Neill: It was great to meet you too. I admit it was a struggle getting up this morning. How do those guys in Intelligence put so much away?

Kim Burgess: They are not normal. Never do shots with Lindsey, she can drink anyone under the table.

Maggie O'Neill: Duly noted. I'll catch up with you for first shift tomorrow.

Kim Burgess: I look forward to it!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trudy Platt: You need to re-qualify for your firearms. It's been over two years since you fired a gun on record.

Maggie O'Neill: Do you have a particular time in mind?

Trudy Platt: I'll meet you at the firing range at 8am tomorrow. You'll need to bring a second witness.

Maggie O'Neill: I'll see you there

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maggie O'Neill: Sorry to be a pain but I need a favour.

Kayla Sharpe: If I can help, I will x

Maggie O'Neill: I need another witness to re-qualify for firearms. It's tomorrow at 8am and everyone else is stuck on shift.

Kayla Sharpe: 8am is fine. I can meet you at the firing range but you owe me a drink next time we're at Molly's.

Maggie O'Neill: Thank you! x

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Kayla Sharpe: So I had a great time last night...

Sean Roman: Me too! That thing you did with your tongue blew my mind x

Kayla Sharpe: I could say the same about yours!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Laura Dawson: Hi Antonio. Thursday's cancelled. Sorry.

Antonio Dawson: Are you kidding me?

Laura Dawson: No. I think its best you don't see the kids until we've settled on custody.

Antonio Dawson: Pick up the phone.

Antonio Dawson: I'm serious Laura, pick up the phone and talk to me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jay Halstead: I think Antonio just broke his phone.

Erin Lindsey: It's definitely broken. There's a piece of it on my desk.

Jay Halstead: Was that his department phone?

Erin Lindsey: No. It was his personal so at least he's not gonna have to explain that.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adam Ruzek: See I told you, you had nothing to worry about.

Kim Burgess: I know that now. It was good to meet her before we start working together. I can't believe Platt was yanking my chain so much about her.

Adam Ruzek: At least you know the real story there.

Kim Burgess: Yea, trust me it's better than the rumours I've been hearing.

Adam Ruzek: There are rumours?

Kim Burgess: Yea and they're not good.

Adam Ruzek: At least you can put people straight.

Kim Burgess: That's my intention :)