Chapter Fifty Four: Date Night

Baby, I love you
I never want to let you go
The more I think about,
The more I want to let you know

Never Shout Never - Can't Stand It

Bellini was a gorgeous little hole in the wall restaurant located just around the corner from Molly's. The signage outside was wrought iron and discreet, Maggie had walked past it a million times over the past few months and had failed to notice it. It was only when she stepped inside the small locale did she come to appreciate it's true beauty. There were strings of small rustic fairy lights lining the walls illuminating them with a stunning burst of light. Her fingertips ran across the rivets in the almost black mahogany wood furniture, you could already feel the thrum of life in this place. The atmosphere was inviting and exclusive, the sweet serenade of jazz flooding her ears as the server greeted her with a welcoming smile.

Upon giving her name she was guided through the rows of tables to a reserved space alongside the lit up window. Already on the table was a bottle of chilled white perched along side two half full glasses. Antonio stood up as she approached, a devilish twinkle in his dark eyes as he took in the midnight blue, off the shoulder dress she was wearing. The sleek material clung to every contour of her athletic frame, accentuating her petite curves as she strode towards him in those sexy silver heels of hers, the matching clutch tucked demurely under her arm. That chestnut colored hair of hers fell loose in waves past her chin, making her face look softer in the light from those pretty lanterns. His heart was beating even harder in his chest as he pulled out her chair for her and waited until she was seated comfortably before returning to his own seat and prodding the glass of wine towards her.

Her cobalt blue eyes were on him drinking him in as she perched her chin upon her left hand reviewing him with delighted look in her eye. He knew she loved it when he dressed up, it was why he had worn his best black suit tonight, the one with the pale blue shirt and the regal looking red and purple tie his kids had gotten him for father's day this year. His dark hair was parted on the left and slicked back into a neat style that suited his clean shaven, handsome features. The way she looked at him made him feel revered, he reached out for her hand compulsively, threading his fingers through her as that beautiful smile of hers graced her pert pink lips.

"I must have walked past this place a million times." Maggie said, her gaze straying to the beauteous artwork on the opposite wall as she studied it.

"I found it a couple of days ago." Antonio explained as he followed her eye line and smiling at the painting that had captured her interest. "I asked Al to recommend somewhere to take you with good wine and good food and he told me about this place."

"You both have exceptionally good taste." Maggie told him as she raised the glass of wine to her lips and tasted it for the first time.

Thank you Al. Antonio thought as he watched the enjoyment creep across his lover's pale features. Not only had Al recommended the restaurant, he had also specified a particular wine which he thought would cater to Maggie's unique tastes. Antonio had taken his advice gratefully, he wanted to make tonight special for Maggie. He wanted her to know how much he loved and appreciated her.

"Can I ask what prompted this?" Maggie asked him as his thumb caressed along the curve of her delicate hand.

Antonio raised his dark, smoldering gaze until their eyes met before speaking.

"Do you know we've never been on a date?" Antonio asked her lightly.

There was silence for a moment as Maggie stared back at him blankly, the cogs inside of her head turning as she considered his words.

"That can't be right." she murmured thoughtfully. "We've been to Molly's and had lunch..."

Antonio shook his head as she trailed off, looking at him dumbfounded.