o4

"no way! so you guys live 6 houses away from each other?" jihee asked in surprise as we sat at a table in the library.

"yes, and lower your voice or you'll get us in trouble," i said softly to her as i pulled out my history of south korea textbook in front of me.

"that's seriously awesome. not only do you guys see each other at school, but you both are neighbors! how exciting," she cheered.

someone cleared their throat as jihee and i looked to see the librarian staring at us with a serious look in her eyes. feeling guilty enough, i lowered my head down and looked at the words in my textbook.

"so, did you guys like walk together to school this morning?"
"uh, no."
"tsk, tsk, tsk. why not?"
"because why would we?"
"i mean you both walk the same to school. might as well."

i shook my head and chuckled softly. "you're crazy." jihee only grinned. "i know. where would you be with me?"

i smiled and looked back at my textbook when all of a sudden, someone took a seat next to me. that's when i saw taehyung and his friend, jimin.

"hi," he simply said to me.

"hey," i softly said.

"hi!!" his friend jimin cooed. i looked at him, eyes slightly widened as i laughed softly to myself.

"er, hi jimin."

taehyung looked over at jihee and smiled waving at her. so did jimin.

"what brings you guys here to the library?" jihee asked.

"mm, studying. you don't mind if we join you guys, do you?" taehyung replied.

"not at all," jihee looked over at me, "right miyeon?"

i pursed my lips together but gave a small smile as i looked at taehyung and nodded my head.

hours passed and i yawned the past couple of minutes as i stared at the book in front of me, learning of the american history. sighing softly, i closed it and looked at jihee who slept peacefully. to my right, i saw taehyung's eyes slowly closing. his friend jimin already laid passed out from just reading one chapter of his textbook.

tch!

i slowly stood up to my feet and brung my arms over my head just to stretch them a bit. satisfied, i grabbed the textbook in front of me and walked over to the books of shelves to find it rightful place. over to the history section, i slid the textbook back onto the shelf smoothly and went further down the row of shelves.

my eyes scanned the shelves dilligently until i came to a stop to a small book. but as i was about to reach for it, another hand had beat me to it. i looked to see taehyung slightly grinning at me.

"yah, i thought you were sleeping," i said softly as i looked at him.

"i was falling asleep, but then i saw you get up. and i thought, why not follow you," he smiled. i glared at him cutely and then at the book in his hand.

"can i please have that book back? i found it first."

taehyung looked at the book in his hand. "oh, you mean this one?"

"yes, that one. may i please have it back?" i asked handing my hand out to him. i watched as he eye-balled me but eventually placed he book in my hand.

"thank you." i quickly slipped passed him as i walked back to our table only for him to be following behind me.

"you read a lot," he began to say as we took our seats next to each other.

"yeah... why? is that bad?"
"uh, yes. too many words hurt my brain."
"tch, lazy. reading takes you places. it lets you use your imagination," i smiled slightly.

"i always end up falling asleep," he said plainly. shaking my head, i looked at him.

"try finding a book that interests you. and then come back and find me when you can tell me what the whole book is about."

at that moment, i shook jihee awake slightly. she picked her head up slightly.

"i'm going now, jihee. i'll see you after school," i whispered to her softly.

"mm, alright... see you later," she mumbled.

i quickly closed my book and gathered my journals and bag as i pushed my chair out and pushed it back in, leaving the scene.

"hey, wait! does that mean i can't talk to you until i read a book?" he called.

"shhhh!"

i turned around to see him being told off by someone to be quiet. holding my book and journals close to my chest, i sternly stared at him.

"yes. that's exactly what i mean."

"but you said we could become best friends. how can we become best friends if i can't talk to you?" he asked puffing his bottom lip out.

"then i suggest you better get to reading," i grinned and gave a small wave. "see you."

~~~~~~~
yall, get on taemid 's and tell her to update!¡